Fitted my whiteline rear ARB today ??

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Hi well ive fitted my new rear ARB and set it to the stiffest setting ,and my god it sits flat on corners! Just wonderd if the front needs to be changed .I cant afford a expensive after market one but wonderd if the fabia vrs or cupra factory ones are much better than the factory FR TDI one thats on mine at the mo.
Also what is the cost of a Front ARB change over.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Hi well ive fitted my new rear ARB and set it to the stiffest setting ,and my god it sits flat on corners! Just wonderd if the front needs to be changed .I cant afford a expensive after market one but wonderd if the fabia vrs or cupra factory ones are much better than the factory FR TDI one thats on mine at the mo.
Also what is the cost of a Front ARB change over.

iirc, you'll have to drop the subframe on the front to change the ARB, so if you need to pay someone to do it, it won't be that cheap. It's definitely not as straightforward as the rear! :( Sounds like I need to get myself a RARB with all the good reviews people have been giving it!

Can't help on front ARB sizes unfortunatley.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi ithere fozwort. was urs from awesome gti???? as im ordering ine tommrow. whats does it do how do u feel the difference?????

nad also ide like to know how to stiffen up the front aswell, would the cupra fabia vrs??? one be a direct fit??

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Hi Gus ,yey got mine from Awsome.It took about 45 mins to fit and ive set it on the hardest setting and it does make a diference.The car handles well but i think with a front upratewd arb it will finish things off.Im not sure wether to go for a VRS 21mm front arb or a whiteline 22mm arb.Need to see what awsome want then work out what skoda want .

gus

Jun 27, 2006
thats fair enough, how come the 2 anti roll bars ur looking to get are diff sizes??? (21mm-22mm)amd also can u let me know tnhe price differnces between the both, what year is ur ibiza??? and is it tdi or petrol. would that make a diff with the anti roll bar, many thanks gus

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
My beeza is a 05 fr tdi.With recently doing all my mods and the last being AP coilovers and this rear ARB im ,some what skint.So it comes down to funds.If i can get a VRS front ARB plus bushes for well under £100 then im happy to sacrifice the 1mm loss over the whiteline front ARB being 22mm. But the whiteline one does come with bushes so will have to work the money out .But for now the frnt stays as is and i will just enjoy the difference the rear has made.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
ok coool makes sence really let me know what hapens with ur car, u gona be at trax???

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Scice been told that the VRS FRONT ARB is hollow so definatly getting a whiteline one now!

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
No mate judging from the weight of my rear one I would say it's solid. And I was told that the vrs and other oem ones are made in a way that on the bends they are narrower where as the W/L one is made in such a way it's consistent in width all the way

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.