Fitted the S3 strut brace but...

HarveyGTI

ok so i fitted the brace...but when looking at the guide it says:

Then feed the bolt/nut into one of these holes. From here, use ur scissor jack or something to prop the brace up tight against the car chassis, to make sure that the riv nut doesnt spin as u tighten the bolt, and to make sure that the nut is flush with the chassis. Then, tighten the bolt using the correct spanner as tight as u think necessary. This expands the riv-nut which fills out the hole you have put it in, gripping it into the chassis tightly. Remove the bolt and brace, leaving the riv-nut now permanently in the chassis.

Do this a second time for the other side, then, align the brace with the holes, put the two bolts in and tighten as much as you like!

Well i did not remove the bolts when tightening, i tightened one slide slightly to hold the brace in place, while the scissor jack also held it in place, then did the other, and the same again withthe scissor jack so the bolt tightened, but never took the bolts out. Then back again both sides for a final tightening.

have i done this wrong now, i am worried?:(

brace is on tight and secure, going for a test drive now:D

HarveyGTI

does the Audi S3 brace bolt straight on then and does not cause any issues with clearance on the engine cover?