fitting coilovers, what to replace?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
hey all,

I have taken the plunge and bought a set of weitecs from dpm for my tdi 130

What shud i replace at the same time, and is it expensive?

Like top mounts, for just the fronts? Do u have them at the back?

Any info much appreciated as usual :)

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Hi mate i have also just purchased the weitec hicon gt's :D i ordered some new top mounts and top mount bearings (only for the front) comes to around £40 all in from sere motors (excellent service) on here however it is not mandatory to change these as the ones you take off the car may well still be in good condition, i just thought it was better to be safe than sorry when it comes to fitting them!

Mar 25, 2009
bath
thanks mate, i'm just thinking ease of fitment, like build up the unit and simply swap it over without having to take anything apart

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I've got new ones on the front of my car for when I had my KW's fitted - I've now got squeaking from front d/s..... So it's not just the old ones that squeak - bugger! :(

Mar 25, 2009
bath
can anyone give me anymore info on this,

I'm thinking top mount all round, and bearings for just the front, is that right? I canf find any info on bearing for the rears

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
The info i have given you is probably all you will need to do bud dont worry about the rears ive not heard of anyone replacing theirs.

You should phone up sere motors and get them to deliver some top mounts and top mount bearings for the front...

Mar 25, 2009
bath
which one's you gone for?? GTN's or GT+TX?? Got my Weitec coilovers today from DPM.

I went for the hicon gt's mate, for money reasons lol i ordered them monday and cannot wait for them to come through, i'm like a child at christmas who's been told to open the best present at the end of the day :(

did u order them today or have they arrived today?

I just hope the ride isnt bad, i spend more money than i wanted to on these to make sure i dont get the same ride as my a3 slammed on ebay specials

Rhys_

Mar 29, 2009
Cardiff, South Wales
Hi, I've just had weitec coilovers fitted on my FRtdi last Monday infact!! I looked into having the top mounts changed at the same time but awesome checked them out before fitting and they said the originals were still in good condition so didn’t change them, saved me £40 there so couldn’t complain about that;)

As for ride comfort i think they are great. I had the backs lowerd as far as they go (as the back is always a little higher) and the front dropped about 50/55mm and it looks perfectly level!!

I think the ride is pretty similar to the standard FR setup but some road surfaces make it feel a little firmer.

Rhys_

Mar 29, 2009
Cardiff, South Wales
sorry, Not sure if the FR set up is firmer than the sport set up to be honest.

The weitec kit is good tho so you shouldn't find them to bad at all

AidyB

do you know whether you got the kit with coilovers on the front (shiny zinc dampers) and springs+dampers (black dampers) for the rear (GTN kit), or the kit with coilovers front and rear (shiny zinc dampers all round) (GT kit)?? Sorry to be a pest but just think i've had the wrong set sent to me, so just trying to find out whether i'm right! lol.

AidyB

don't suppose you have any pics do you?? The box my kit is in has the pic of both kits on it!

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Thinking about it, I remember looking in my mates box which was for his mk3 and pretty sure I remember a black dampers being held down by a strap

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise