Fitting FMIC - any tips

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
Hey guys

Going to try and fit my FMIC tomorrow that i got off a write off ibiza

Never done one before and was wondering if their are any guides or tips that people have. How long should it take?

Looks like a universal one but are there any bits that are going to make me want to take a hammer to it lol

Thanks

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
I found one on the renault intercooler and couple on forge but surely someone has fitted a universal one.........

:funk:

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
won't they all have the same principle steps though, like removing the bumper and the crash bar, mounting the intercooler, removing excess plastic from the bumper. fitting the pipework then putting everything back together?

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
ok cheers just had a quick look at some pictures I have got a feeling I am missing some pipework for it

So just going to take a quick picture of what I have got and hope someone can tell me if missing anything or what intercooler it is

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
IIRC alot of people ditch the standard pipework that comes with the ebay kits and make their own setup. i'll have a searchy and see what i can come up with :)

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
well this is what I have

photo040.jpg

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
**** sake no fitting for me then thought i was onto a winner with price i paid for it

where can you buy the full uni kits from? ebay?

Cupra Gsy

Jul 13, 2008
Are you sure there are bits missing as on his pic he has it facing the wrong way so the long pipe he has fits to Turbo side under the car and those other 2 connect to the pancake pipe dont they. I might be wrong but i have a universal one but its a Golf MK4 one so alot bigger. So maybe this is why im getting confused.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.