Fitting standard sat nav retro fit

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Ok, looks like have secured a Standard Mk4 Ibiza Satnav, apart from the main unit and the aerial is there anything else i need from the doner car, and would it have the cd changer too or is it 6 disc changer built in.

Also does anyone know if the s2000 aerial will still fit on the satnav aerial mount

Also where does te aerial run, i am assuming it runs along the roof above the interior lining and then down one of the front pillars, please correct me if i am wrong, and yes i do have the code and manuals included int he deal.

Pics up once fitted

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I think the OE Ibiza satnav is quite rare, so I doubt many people will know the answers...

I applaud your pioneering spirit though :)

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
there is a chap on tyresmoke.net who does the audi RNS-E installs. He is very helpful. There is a page describing how to do it on an audi and they stick the antenna above the steering column. (partly because you have to access a plug there on the audis).

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
The boot/glovebox CD changer was optional and it definately doesn't have built-in 6 disc capabilities.

I guess the aerial is routed as you put and i'm told the aerial doesn't have a great deal of play as when Vodafone fitted my car kit they couldn't reconnect it. I've never removed the unit to look what connectors the H/U has as I use an iTrip.

There maybe an additional unit for the TMC facilty?

Sat Nav requires the disc to be in the H/U when in use, i'm told you should be able to listen to CD's on a multichanger whilst using the navigation facilities but i cant confirm that.. What year is the CD you're getting? They're about £160 IIRC from the Stealers.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Is the Standard monochrome one.

I have a funny feeling there is a changer in the car which i am having too, but if not will get one of ebay, will see in the morning when i go to pick it up, whats all included.

Niall

Aug 6, 2003
www.testrake.com
Ant,

The original aerial works fine. Best thing is to get a lead of EBAY to connect the satnav to the car electrics. You will need a cd changer to play cd's as the unit only reads map discs. A colour one is a lot more efficient than the monochrome one.

As well using the standard aerial means you can use it as a GSM aerial as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members