Flashing Red Light

Nimshoi1

Hi all,

Need some advice/help please.
Started car (Ibiza Cupra 2002) this morning and having driven 100 yards the red light on the temperature guage started flashing accompanied by several beeps. Switched the engine off and on again and it hasnt come back on! Anyone got any ideas potentially what this could be?

Cheers

Rob

ath55

Possibly metal prongs in expansion bottle froze if coolant too diluted

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Mine did exactly the same, it was the metal prongs as ath55 stated. However, it wasn't because of freezing. It was simply because a tiny part of the prongs was dirty, and the temperature had dropped just enough to put the coolant level on the dirty bit. As soon as the car was warmed up (even a little bit) the coolant got back on to a clean part of the track, and I never saw the warning again.

Check for low coolant, but chances are it isn't actually low because you only saw the light once. You could add a bit of coolant (or even some distilled water) just to top it up a bit and get it on to a clean part of the prongs. On the advice of someone else here I intend to get a toothbrush in there at some point and give the prongs a scrub!

Nimshoi1

Many thanks everyone, will have a look tonight and let you know.
Cheers
Rob

Marktdi180

Mon the diesel
Mar 8, 2010
Livingston
The same warning light comes on in my car but happens very randomly, has been through the garage to check it out but couldn't find anything wrong, any ideas?

Nimshoi1

Checked mine out filled up water & cleaned probe and now is all fine.
However it makes me now wonder where & why the water went down.
Funny enough my windows keep steaming up and it has been suggested that it might be caused by a leak in the heater matrix....ahhhhh hope not. Anyone got any views? :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.