flat spot - I've tried all sorts - any more ideas???

toptotz

Here's Jonny...
Aug 26, 2007
Blackpool
Help!help!help!help!help!help!help!help!help!help!help!help!

Had my car in today to have all my hoses checked, MAF readings taken & throttle body cleaned. They said the throttle body doesn't look like it needs cleaning, the MAF is around 190g/s, can't find any split hoses & the engine shows no fault codes yet the flat spot is obvious to all who have tried to solve this mystery (4 different places so far)!!!

Since i got it back i have disconnected the MAF & the flat spot disappeared altho performance was lost, the stearing went heavy, the ESP warning light came on & my engine management light has also come on.

I then reconnected the MAF & the flat spot returned immediately so i thought that was what the problem was. I then came home & swapped MAF's with my other LCR thinking that would solve it but it hasn't :doh:

Is there something else linked with the MAF itself that may be amiss as the problem is obviously connected to the MAF but obviously not the unit itself
:confused::shrug::confused::shrug::confused::shrug::confused::shrug:

I don't think i've ever been so puzzled & desperate to solve a problem...please help!!!!!:(

toptotz

Here's Jonny...
Aug 26, 2007
Blackpool
My flat spot wont go! - help!help!help!help!help!help!help!

surely all 3 MAF's can't be faulty (one is brand spank, the other is ok on my other car & neither have cured it)... but i don't understand why the flat spot disappears when the MAF is unplugged.

i'm really at the end of my tether with this so please help...is there something linked to the MAF that could be causing this instead of the unit itself???

Leander :cry: :shrug:

Last edited:

toptotz

Here's Jonny...
Aug 26, 2007
Blackpool
Had my car in today to have all my hoses checked, MAF readings taken & throttle body cleaned. They said the throttle body doesn't look like it needs cleaning, the MAF is around 190g/s, can't find any split hoses & the engine shows no fault codes yet the flat spot is obvious to all who have tried to solve this mystery (4 different places so far)!!!

Since i got it back i have disconnected the MAF & the flat spot disappeared altho performance was lost, the stearing went heavy, the ESP warning light came on & my engine management light has also come on.

I then reconnected the MAF & the flat spot returned immediately so i thought that was what the problem was. I then came home & swapped MAF's with my other LCR thinking that would solve it but it hasn't

Is there something else linked with the MAF itself that may be amiss as the problem is obviously connected to the MAF but obviously not the unit itself - surely iall 3 MAF's can't be faulty!

I don't think i've ever been so puzzled & desperate to solve a problem...please help!!!!!

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
how is the wiring to the maf??? split/frayed wire causeing faulty readings maybe??? bad earth etc basically if its wiring then its a needle in a haystack

toptotz

Here's Jonny...
Aug 26, 2007
Blackpool
it appears to be ok but that means nothing, can the wiring simply be replaced? where does it go to, directly to the ecu? what do you think the chances are of it being the actual plug itself?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.