flip key advice

fr930

Got SMOKE...?
Jul 28, 2010
London
i have a flip key for my 04 plate and the link you posted should work fine but would be an expensive option in my opinion...
the 'blank' transponder will have to be programmed by seat (from what i was told) which would cost a few quid.

i think you would be better off getting a second hand key or a new one without the transponder chip for around £10-15 (i got mine for under tenner) and, assuming you have a spare key, use the transponder chip from that.

the key can then be programmed to remotely lock and unlock your car (you need at least two keys to do that iirc)

that is what i did and all in all cost me around £15, which included the key, a new pre-cut blade and the seat badges for the key!

i now have my main flip key, a second remote key and a thrid spare key which will manually unlock the car but will not start it as this is the key i used the transponder chip from.

hope that helps and makes sense

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
You don't necessarily need a blank transponder on this car. I've personally coding in several second hand keys successfully. Personal experience, I needed to get a blank transponder for a 2001 MK1 Fabia and for a mk5 golf. Never had a problem on mk4 ibiza's and currently have 2 for my 56reg cupra TDI

Last edited: