Flood damage?

Mozboosted

2002 Cupra stage 2
Jun 7, 2021
Morpeth
Just a quick one here (I think).

So recently I got into a bit of a kerfuffle with a puddle on a weat day, long story short, I came over rail Road tracks and hit a puddle it ripped off my rear bumper on both sides, snapped an arch liner and every clip undertray everything.

On going back I noticed blocked drains and by the silt markings left the water would have been around 6-7" deep, since then my cars had a spluttering under hard acceleration, mpg has gone from 42 down to 26.8 miles on £10 roughly, after a browse around and running torque obd2 lambada sensor is to blame. Could the flooded road be a cause of this? Its just strange I only noticed it afterwards.

Ive changed alot of stuff recently, oil pressure and level sensors, crank sensor, cam sensor, maf sensor as first thought buys, it seems as if its hitting a rev limiter for maybe 1-2 seconds then goes for roughly 500-1000rpm and starts again, sometimes it's fine and occasionally I get reminded of the power.

Im suing my local council as broken parts come to around £1600 from Seat, IF they can get a bumper bar. Likely due to my mileage and age the car would be an insurance write off.

So anywho is my issue similar to what lambada sensor issues will cause?

Picture of the "Drainage" 3 days later.

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_141459.jpg
    IMG_20220117_141459.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 92

Mozboosted

2002 Cupra stage 2
Jun 7, 2021
Morpeth
Oxygen sensor replaced today and yep, the performance is back, forgotten what it felt like to be able to drive "enthusiastically" especially when the nearest village is up 5 mile of twisty back roads.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily