FMIC options.

Mar 13, 2010
Just wondering will a FMIC off any other VAG group models fit the ibiza TDI sport?? obviously is it hard to do and worth while?? it would have to be a bigger one.

Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the replys, looks like a good idea, the problem is finding wrecked Cupra's because its really expensive from seat, i cant get a PD160 intake from anywhere, unless i pay £90 at seat.

Is there any IC's that would fit to the current set-up on the PD130 that are a little bigger??

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Copey you can buy the seat sport intercooler off SERE motors on here for £255 delivered i think and its obviously brand new!

Mar 13, 2010
Copey you can buy the seat sport intercooler off SERE motors on here for £255 delivered i think and its obviously brand new!

Thats not to bad, was just looking for a cheaper option as tight on cash at the minute, i just thought with alot of VAG cars sharing parts that there might be something off another car that was abit bigger.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
if you aint gonna go past stage 1 remap then it won't be worthwhile upgrading to SEAT Sport FMIC as the maps are created using standard set-up (i.e. std 130 IC, std filter)...but as it goes adding a PD160 intake can only mean the turbo gets more air and a sports filter gives a tad more throttle response so this is why most just go for these with a stage 1

Mar 13, 2010
if you aint gonna go past stage 1 remap then it won't be worthwhile upgrading to SEAT Sport FMIC as the maps are created using standard set-up (i.e. std 130 IC, std filter)...but as it goes adding a PD160 intake can only mean the turbo gets more air and a sports filter gives a tad more throttle response so this is why most just go for these with a stage 1

Yeah ive got a panel filter and want the PD160 intake, but there £90 form seat now, unless you lot know anywhere cheaper??

Just looking at my options , as i want it pushing 200bhp.

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
I dont want anyone to fall out with me with this comment, but does anyone else think the forge and seat sport intercoolers look abit poo with them being soo damn tall. I think the universal intercoolers look better if you can get one to just fit nicely behind the bumper lower grill, i see alot of mk3's like this. Has anyone with a mk4 done it, i can also see it being alot cheaper as you can get it all for about £250. what extra cooling do you think the forge ones will be able to do, half of the forge ones are covered by the crashbar and bumper middle section, plus i've heard theres alot of messing about cutting things with the forge. please reply good or bad comment if i'm wrong as its the only way i'll learn. haha

this maybe more understandable now sorry wrote it at work so eyes were on the back of my head.

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
im saving for an allards fmic personally due to having headlight washers meaning the seat sport one wont fit mine

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Iv had both ic and by far the forge one is the hardest to fit.it needs alot of the bumper and cross member cutting out the seat sports ic is about the best one to buy for not cutting parts of your car apart.Would be good to see someone fit a universal one.I think i payed about £450 for everything on my seat sports set up.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Would be interested if it was was easy to fit, not sure if I am comfortable with fitting even the SS one though. Do you ave to cut bits with the facelift bumper Adam or can you only have the cupra bumper to get away with a perfect fit?

i dont think its anything to do with the ss ic its more down to the forge pipe work if it was the cupra pipe work i think it would fit with out any cutting.as the cupra pipe work that sits near were you have to trim it for the forge pipe work is flat not 100% on that theo.I really dont think its that bad to fit but if anyone needs it fittin il do it :D

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
The universal ones tend to be single pass. The SEAT Sport and Forge intercoolers are twinpass so the inlet and outlet are on the same side. I have seen twinpass intercoolers on ebay before now.... but not recently!
It could be done with a single pass cooler but you would have to get very creative with routing the pipework or get a manifold from a Audi TT or LCR (where the TB is at the passenger side.)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.