FMIC: Universal or Forge?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Same here. You just cant knock forge in anyway really can you? Quality of product, performance and service! When you getting yours on? Enjoy it, i know i will :D

Mat

yeah, you might have summat to do wi it :D

Will buy you a drink after if ya like

Text me your postcode boss for the SatNav. Dunno if you got my last text, wont be stopping at old mans, so will come to yours (for about 10-11ish - depending if i get up early enough) and then shoot off back home :D

ian_cupra

only takes about 1 and half hours to get here, will text you post code when i can be bothered to go up stairs to get my phone :lol:

yeah got your text, long way to come just to fit front mount

Mat

ah, b'rate. least i know it'll be done right - no offence to sparky or tom. we was just gonna crack on with it and see what happens :D always handy to have someone with some experience

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
ah, b'rate. least i know it'll be done right - no offence to sparky or tom. we was just gonna crack on with it and see what happens :D always handy to have someone with some experience

I've had my intercooler and bumper off 3 times now to make sure it sits right (damn OCD). Definately easier with abit of practice.

ian_cupra

you dont wanna know how many times i've had mine off, infact i dont even know

Mat

never said he is incompetant. he deals with mk4s not mk3s :D

would be a "first" for all 3 of use LMAO. Plus Tom could only do sunday, and Sparky only do saturday :p

so. yours around half 10 - 11 :D

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Dont get me wrong its a good piece of kit, it just takes more time to get it sat nicely. With the forge kit you get a new slam panel and brackets so it just makes it easier to fit in my opinion.
The pipework sits quite low aswell on the uni cooler so i ended up routing it the same way as the laguna set-up.

Mat

got forge fitted:

DSC00932.jpg

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=187378

last page
(page 7 if on 40posts per page, or page 14 if your on standard 20posts per page)

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
It seems the Ths/uni fmic cant flow 280bhp+ even with uprated pipe work...

Getting 6cf's on cylinders as it cant flow enough but the amibent temps are spot on....
Going to do abit more fiddling around but i think the stock charge pipe is too restrictive...So going to get a lcr one and mod it then we will find out..

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise