Fog light ducting for intake

Al

Aug 29, 2005
owen, there is a candy k1 bumper on ebay for 200 notes ;)

If he wants to ruin the look of the front of his car, he could always remove his OEM front bumper and run with nothing on the front, and save himself the 200 notes for the aforementioned Aero/BTCC/ReferenceSport/K1 bla bla bla bumper ;)

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I need some high quality ducting, as I will be removing one of my fog lights, and using it to fee extra cool air to my ITG! Does anyone know where or any links that they sell high quality and durable ducting? Cheers.
BE VERY, VERY carefull I had a bottom [ low air intake] and almost had a engine seize due to water pick up. Only use bottom intakes on the track, OUR roads are unpredictable and subject to flooding with very expensive possible engine seizures. !! try a pickup somewhere near the to top edge of the bumper - which would be out of the way of most road water?!@?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I installed a air ducting via the fog light some time ago. I used some90mm black metal wound ducting from ebay, which was quite reasonably priced. The only probalem ive found with that ducting is the fact the copper(?) wound inside the duct has gone a bit rusty so im thinking of spraying it or something inside.
Basically I have modified the fog light grill by adding a fibre glass shroud behind the hole, as there was nothing for the ducting to connect to on the back of the fog light grill. it seems to work well although I have no idea if it makes a diffeence to airflow or not.
There is a nice big hole perfect for 90mm dutcing just below where the air filter sits so its quiet convenient.
Not had a problem with water ingress as the filter is still pretty clean, where as when I had thr air filter located behind the fog light grill it got into a right state

The fog lights option can be easily turned off in vag-com.

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
You can keep your foglight and grill, there is a big enough opening in the grill to allow airflow. Then as DanGB did you can put a funnel to catch the air and ram in up the tube to the filter. My 3" tubing (no front funnel)

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Should be fairly easy to do, im gonna tackle it this summer or when the weathers better and just put it behind the fog like above pics although the k1 bumper is different so maybe try the side vent Poverty and then you can keep your fog not that there worth using anyway.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.