Fog lights!

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Yeah, just so the front looks nice. I got eibach sportlines to put on still and dual exhaust but its finding time n place that does it.

I don't mind a bit of banter everyone helps me out anyway with questions

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Yeah, just so the front looks nice. I got eibach sportlines to put on still and dual exhaust but its finding time n place that does it.

I don't mind a bit of banter everyone helps me out anyway with questions

Kwik fit type places can be quite good if there is a decent one usually quick and not too expensive either that or a good Indy.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Wheel dual exhaust i need the otherside cutting out :( but springs gonna DIY them on.

Save some ££££, maybe easier to get a rear BTCC bumper for a dual exhaust than try to cut out your existing one or use an FR bumper as the centre sections are very easy to cut out.

Depends on the exhaust system you are going to use.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
It probs won't. But just wait i'll put a video on for you :) and you can see what you think. Then I may get some sorry's for taking piss. I am not being nasty to you just saying :)

The vid is what is needed I may have taken the pee but as I said with speedo inaccuracy ect you could well show an indicated 140mph.

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Your only claiming around 150bhp though, I wouldn't be far off this with my revo, then with the k&n panel filter and tb powerflow system on top, I wouldn't be surprised if I was in the if not close to mid 150s. On top of the the weight loss I've gained from removing the AC and standard battery, would contribute as well. We're both restricted by the gearing power wise anway, so even with your hybrid turbo(but standard injectors etc.) We wouldn't be far off each other. It's my kw v2s, kw front and rear arbs and complete powerflex bushings kit that will make the difference whenever any kind of corner appears.

Not that any of this matters, I'm not afraid to admit that most of the Leons of the guys and girls posting on this could still beat either of us in standard form. Anyway you buy a 1.9 for looks mainly, and I know its all personal preference but imo a full btcc kit, lowered on 19" S5 alloys and awaiting an fr interior, looks better than a standard stylance with an aero bumper.

I'm not being mean either, I wouldn't risk getting crushed, I'm just showing you how unrealistic your being

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
realistically though, what track would have a straight long enough for that to even be an advantage. It's all about acceleration, in general that is. Id say again we'd be evenly matched in that category too

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I dunno mate just thought i'd see but I cant change my speedo anyway because it will be miss read. Mines running at 200bhp so its pretty nippy for a 1.9tdi :) but no new wheels or anything else as i only just afforded that

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Hows the clutch coping? I really wouldnt of thought the gearing would take that power, but I guess it can. Your injectors must be running at full capacity though. Dont bother about new alloys, get a new gearbox, the ratios are all wrong if your wanting to use any of that 200bhp properly

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
They are but so is buying all the equipment to make the standard 1.9 handle the 200bhp, what I'm trying to say is that its just doesnt make financial sense to be putting all that power in a car that isnt spec'd for it, imo you should of got an fr, it would have been cheaper to insure amd it will be a lot cheaper than the 1.9 will be once it can properly handle the power

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I dunno mate just thought i'd see but I cant change my speedo anyway because it will be miss read. Mines running at 200bhp so its pretty nippy for a 1.9tdi :) but no new wheels or anything else as i only just afforded that

Other than the obvious remap what mods have you done to get to 200Bhp, new turbo by any chance?

Most 1.9Tdi 105 map to 138-143 standard with 200Bhp you should see mid 140's in mph terms.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members