Folks - Got my new TDI Ibiza Cupra! - What Mods?

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
As the title suggests people - looking to 'mod' my Cupra TDI - I want the outside looking as standard as possible. Im looking to do the engine up -performance upgrades. I know nothing about Seat Mods, What are the most general mods for performance? I would like to get a FORGE Intercooler too.

;)

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
Hi Mate

I am also quite new but been reading and reading all the foum post.

the most common mod seems to be the Green cotton filter replacemtn.

also the Forge FMIC is not as good as the standard one, so thay wouldn't be a good mod. :(

T. Spark

The Forge FMIC and Seat Sport intercoolers have little difference when it comes to performance of the intercooler, alot say the seat sport one is better, as thinner and londer/wider so as said, not worth the change matey at all.

But yes, usual stuff, exhaust (2.5) green cotton air filter and a remap should see near the 200bhp mark for your TDi

If you want more power, then your going to start looking at big turbo's and injectors depending who you go with.

Id say a search will bring up everything you would need to know and a few company's

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
You already have the best intercooler fitted as standard on the Cupra TDI...and brakes come to that.

So as T. Spark says - exhaust, filter, remap - and quite possibly an uprated clutch if the std one slips.

T. Spark

You already have the best intercooler fitted as standard on the Cupra TDI...and brakes come to that.

So as T. Spark says - exhaust, filter, remap - and quite possibly an uprated clutch if the std one slips.

Forgot the clutch, doh! Cheers muddy :p

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Cheers Guys! thanks for the feedback - Just what I was looking for! - Think i've found a new home - the FiatForum.com was my old home! lol :D

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Cheers Guys! thanks for the feedback - Just what I was looking for! - Think i've found a new home - the FiatForum.com was my old home! lol :D
You're on the slippery slope now, there is no escape!
At least you came to the forum with the intention of modding. Most people don't, but soon end up with remaps, FMICs, exhausts....

Before you know it, you'll have post counts like mine and T Sparks :D

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
LOL ^ - Decided to consult guys that know there stuff (I think)! lol Cheers :D

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Don't be fooled by the post count, it just means we've talked a lot of drivel. Well, T Spark has anyway :)

T. Spark

Don't be fooled by the post count, it just means we've talked a lot of drivel. Well, T Spark has anyway :)

Oi, cheeky old timer :) I was going to reply to bringing my post count into this.. but this is sooo much better!

Nah, your right, drivel it is :D

Interesting drivel nonetheless...

A none performance mod you might want to go for is colour coding the side bumps, I personally think it suits it, and you could look at getting some OEM looking skirts for the side, as imho the cupra should have some to go with bumpers and spoiler.

All depends what sorta look you want to go for, assuming you even want to look at styling :)

/me drivels all over the desk at work (well there are some women here :))

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You're on the slippery slope now, there is no escape!
At least you came to the forum with the intention of modding. Most people don't, but soon end up with remaps, FMICs, exhausts....

Before you know it, you'll have post counts like mine and T Sparks :D

I've managed to resist with my current Ibiza so far, but you're right. My last Ibiza had no mods at all until I joined here. Then along came a remap, Forge FMIC, lowered suspension and then bigger brakes. Oh and an empty wallet. :(

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
As the title suggests people - looking to 'mod' my Cupra TDI - I want the outside looking as standard as possible. Im looking to do the engine up -performance upgrades. I know nothing about Seat Mods, What are the most general mods for performance? I would like to get a FORGE Intercooler too.

;)

The PD160 FMIC is the best there is which is why nobody including Forge or Allards make an uprated version. VT5 turbo,propane injection and NOS should see 300bhp and 400ish lb torque. Other upgrades will be need to keep the engine together like uprating the FMIC pipework and a clutch etc but nothing major. Weather you will ever be able to get enough traction for everyday driving is another matter.

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Hello Trick,

Ofcourse I took note! - Too busy just now sorting out my ICE in the Cupra so no ££ left for exterior/engine mods. After Christmas a remap is on the cards though. I will keep you posted! Cheers for the interest! ;)

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Hello Trick,

Ofcourse I took note! - Too busy just now sorting out my ICE in the Cupra so no ££ left for exterior/engine mods. After Christmas a remap is on the cards though. I will keep you posted! Cheers for the interest! ;)

What ICE have you installed?

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise