forge 004 dumpvalve for AUQ 1.8t cupra

Danny_Boy69

ive looked through the threads but i cant find what im after. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDV004 , im looking at getting this DV as i herd it on a leon like mine on youtube but a mate said if i get this it will mess with the maf settings and send error codes to the ecu, is this true?, i have the forge 007 at the mo but it isnt the ideal whoosh i want, i got the auq 1.8t 180 leon and i just wants some advice before i go ahead and buy it. thanks

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Yes, chances are you'll run a bit rich (worse fuel consumption) and throw a fault code, which will give you a check engine light. if you want more dump sound, either get an open cone filter or a dump valve like the Forge split-r or the Turbosmart dual-port BOV.

A Forge 007P and an open cone filter sounds plenty loud without having any running problems.

Danny_Boy69

well i already got the forge 007p and i got a ramair maxflow induction with a 4" CAI to go on in the week will that increase my DV sound aswell?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
You mean BOV's! The only BOV I tried that did not cause any problems or cause an engine check light was the Bailey DV26. It didn't even trigger a fault code.

With enclosed systems, you have to remember that most of them are only rated to around 200bhp max.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I have that DV too adam..although mine is sat in my shed at home :( it was on the car but I took it off for my track day and forget to refit it..

JamJay

California Bound
I would love an atmos but I don't want to risk buying a 004 or DV26 only to find out it hits limp mode. Any links to UK suppliers of the GFB? I am having trouble finding one.

Also, does anyone remember the website that were supplying the TurboSmart's?

What do you think of it on your LCR Danny?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I have that DV too adam..although mine is sat in my shed at home :( it was on the car but I took it off for my track day and forget to refit it..

I only put it on last week, seems better than my 007p as its adjustable rather than messing about with springs.

I got mine done up slightly tighter than my 007p was and its smoothed out that slight jerk as it comes on boost that I was moaning about the other day.

Very happy with it so far :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.