Formentor System Errors

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Can I top everyone’s faults today? Car will not start at all. Doesn’t even attempt to turn-over. It’s flagging all these faults in sequence:

Lane assist, front assist, rear traffic assist, dynamic road sign display, and finally drive system: please visit workshop!

To their credit Seat were very quick to respond to the breakdown call and a nice lady took down the details and offered either an AA technician within an hour or Cupra technician within two hours. As it’s parked on the drive and I’m in no rush to go anywhere, I’m waiting for the Cupra tech to arrive... could be interesting.
I'm going to speculate that you may have a battery fault? I had this on an Audi and the under-voltage caused random faults for a few days (windows partly opening, boot lid open, dashboard faults that cleared) then it failed to start one morning and the dashboard lit up this a Christmas Tree. Whichever way, hope you get sorted soon and back on the road.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Can I top everyone’s faults today? Car will not start at all. Doesn’t even attempt to turn-over. It’s flagging all these faults in sequence:

Lane assist, front assist, rear traffic assist, dynamic road sign display, and finally drive system: please visit workshop!

To their credit Seat were very quick to respond to the breakdown call and a nice lady took down the details and offered either an AA technician within an hour or Cupra technician within two hours. As it’s parked on the drive and I’m in no rush to go anywhere, I’m waiting for the Cupra tech to arrive... could be interesting.
You are definitely winning this race to the bottom!!!!
It’s a good car, but not good enough to overlook or compromise on what appears to be things they should have solved before the car was released.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I'm going to speculate that you may have a battery fault? I had this on an Audi and the under-voltage caused random faults for a few days (windows partly opening, boot lid open, dashboard faults that cleared) then it failed to start one morning and the dashboard lit up this a Christmas Tree. Whichever way, hope you get sorted soon and back on the road.

Possibly, but no battery UV fault showing, so would had to have been a momentary surge significant enough to drop the battery voltage (or indeed a slightly dodgy connection).

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
IMG_5778.jpg

Still waiting on the technician...

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
So he spent about 1.5 hrs trying various things, even on the phone with a senior technician.

His diagnostics seemed to be showing that the ignition wasn’t on even though it was. It was flagging several “gateway faults” or something along those lines.

They eventually concluded that they suspect an issue with the J533 gateway module regarding the start authorisation...

Anyway end result is that the car has been recovered and I’m awaiting a call from their “onward mobility” team for a courtesy car.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So he spent about 1.5 hrs trying various things, even on the phone with a senior technician.

His diagnostics seemed to be showing that the ignition wasn’t on even though it was. It was flagging several “gateway faults” or something along those lines.

They eventually concluded that they suspect an issue with the J533 gateway module regarding the start authorisation...

Anyway end result is that the car has been recovered and I’m awaiting a call from their “onward mobility” team for a courtesy car.
Not good at all mate.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021

Are you still within 30 days from first registration?
You have rejection rights for the first 6 months and it’s much more straight forward in the first 30 days.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
It’s a lease so rejection would be through the finance company Arval.

Not looking to take that route at the moment though, let’s see how it all plays out.

Just had a call from Enterprise on behalf of VWG and they can get me a courtesy car at 8:30pm tonight - a manual Seat Tarraco...

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Yet again the climate controls stopped working today. This time it was very erratic whether the temperature controls would respond but the temperature display was stuck the whole time. Basically every control related to AC was unresponsive...
I've had that mate. Had to lock the car and leave for 5 mins, came back and sorted itself out but I had about 45 mins of unresponsiveness, anything that needed heat/ steering wheel/ seats/ air con, everything. The buttons weren't even highlighted and blowers was locked on boiling. Thankfully I've not had it since, it may have coincided with an over the air update

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Driving around in a boggo spec manual diesel Tarraco at the moment. Don’t expect to hear anything until Monday and even then I suspect it’ll be longer than a week. If it is going to be drawn out I’ll certainly be ‘politely requesting’ a better replacement vehicle...

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Yes, I got a call from the Seat workshop today who informed me that there was a faulty connector in the ECU, where a pin wasn’t making contact. Maybe it came loose on my previous drive the day before, but I would expect it to have flagged a fault immediately? Otherwise strange that it happened to just break over night...

They want to keep it tomorrow to do an extended test drive and check for any further faults so all being well I’ll get it back Thursday, and try to get specifics of what connector failed.

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Mine just came back home today.

They replaced the infotainment module. New one came with Software Version 1666 and is not updating OTA. Guess will need to wait for it to be active or something.

On the way home, car felt normal. Let's see until when...

It is such a huge change when you jump out of the 1.5 and hop in the VZ. Oh boy, this car (when it works) is amazing!

Reactions: Ricknffc

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Car back with me and all running fine so far. Asked about my infotainment issues/freezing and they said it could have been related, with all the gateway communications faults occurring. They didn’t perform any updates (still 1790).

Let’s see how it behaves going forward...

Reactions: Yaz2010

Cipper

May 8, 2021
My infotainment will probably be replaced monday or wednesday. Fingers crossed

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
My car was in the dealers for 7 hours - software check / camera recalibration carried out.
Nothing broke on the way home so it’s a better start than after the last time it was in the dealer.

Apparently rain will affect the front assist system........and make the sensors switch themselves off occasionally.
I live up near Aberdeen, it’s always ******* raining!!!!

I’m really hoping that my problems are over.
Its a good car, just need it all to knit together and work and there’s a fighting chance I might keep it!

Reactions: Yaz2010

Sfcsergio

May 12, 2021
Mine just came back home today.

They replaced the infotainment module. New one came with Software Version 1666 and is not updating OTA. Guess will need to wait for it to be active or something.

On the way home, car felt normal. Let's see until when...

It is such a huge change when you jump out of the 1.5 and hop in the VZ. Oh boy, this car (when it works) is amazing!
Hi, same too this week, change module, software 1666, but lost de wifi mode, check yours,chears

Reactions: ruivo

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
My car was in the dealers for 7 hours - software check / camera recalibration carried out.
Nothing broke on the way home so it’s a better start than after the last time it was in the dealer.

Apparently rain will affect the front assist system........and make the sensors switch themselves off occasionally.
I live up near Aberdeen, it’s always ******* raining!!!!

I’m really hoping that my problems are over.
Its a good car, just need it all to knit together and work and there’s a fighting chance I might keep it!
That sounds a load of rubbish about rain affecting the front assist! Have it on mine and I've been driving in some truly awful rain recently and no issues. My previous Golf R had it and no issues over 2 years and 26 k miles. Just a very poor excuse in not resolving the issue. Hope your problems are sorted though 👍

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
That sounds a load of rubbish about rain affecting the front assist! Have it on mine and I've been driving in some truly awful rain recently and no issues. My previous Golf R had it and no issues over 2 years and 26 k miles. Just a very poor excuse in not resolving the issue. Hope your problems are sorted though 👍
Yeah I didn’t believe a word of it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members