Formentor System Errors

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I’m going to keep an eye on mine and see how it goes.
If it continues to just be an intermittent camera and the rest is working okay, I’m going to live with it until it goes in for an oil change.

Reactions: MrMinch

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
@Agnes.Surrey cheers for the heads up

Ive been in touch with my dealer and my car is booked in for the 07th April for the update. I’ve to leave the car with them most of the day as the upgrade will take a while I’ve been told.

Cheer again, hopefully this will sort some of my recent issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Heres my latest list of issues & gripes:

CAR
1. long press on round button takes you to service menu - amateur setup.
2. drive profile customise - only offroad listed, cycled ignition and it was ok.
3. system update ate into my cubic data allowance with no warning or option to choose wifi - naughty as i didnt agree to it, given the choice i would of connected to wifi. I have paid for data, that data was used to update the software.
4. bluetooth keeps disconnecting so phone wont play songs.
5. keeps prompting for bluetooth pairing pin even though previously paired.
6. using foot to open boot doesnt work after a period of time, like the car goes into hibernation.
7. android auto not full screen (checked with google - this is a VW issue)
8. no illumination of heater controls - dangerous at night.
9. voice control very poor response and understanding, worst ive used.
10. eSIM not getting signal for 15/20 mins some times.
11. Speedo screen reset while driving so couldnt see my speed. (behind steering wheel)
12. Infotainment screen reset while driving.
13. unable to change track while streaming from spotify - steering wheel and main screen buttons didnt work - happened twice.
14. s-pin - no way to have the car prompt this when entering the car after you have saved it, yet the system says i can do it via the settings.
15. reversing camera is unusable at night time when in a dark area, picture is practically black despite adjusting the settings.
16. front assist not available. this keeps coming up, even though the sensors are clean.
17. passanger heated seat has a mind of its own, switches off and then back on its own every 30 seconds or so after being switched on.
18. Car is stuck with a notification around updating, cant get rid of it.
19. Sometimes the bluetooth connection wont allow me to change tracks.

APP/WEBSITE/EMAIL

1. android phone app (cupra connect) - so so slow to connect.
2. locking and unlocking via the app takes around 30 seconds, makes the usage pointless.
3. you can lock and unlock but cant drive the car, this means that being able to unlock the car is a bit pointless.
4. cannot add preferred service partner via app. no dealers listed, website shows seat dealers only.
5. when my indentity was confirmed to unlock the car via the app, the email had 2 buttons with links, both links dont work, one of them said "[The keyName: 'email_account_" - poor experience.
6. (cupra uk website) Online literature references amazon alexa as well as amazon music, yet cannot add via the store, in fact the store contains nothing. Online states available from week 48 of 2020. - poor user experience for a new brand.
7. website says my tank is low on fuel when i have half a tank.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Heres my latest list of issues & gripes:

CAR
1. long press on round button takes you to service menu - amateur setup.
2. drive profile customise - only offroad listed, cycled ignition and it was ok.
3. system update ate into my cubic data allowance with no warning or option to choose wifi - naughty as i didnt agree to it, given the choice i would of connected to wifi. I have paid for data, that data was used to update the software.
4. bluetooth keeps disconnecting so phone wont play songs.
5. keeps prompting for bluetooth pairing pin even though previously paired.
6. using foot to open boot doesnt work after a period of time, like the car goes into hibernation.
7. android auto not full screen (checked with google - this is a VW issue)
8. no illumination of heater controls - dangerous at night.
9. voice control very poor response and understanding, worst ive used.
10. eSIM not getting signal for 15/20 mins some times.
11. Speedo screen reset while driving so couldnt see my speed. (behind steering wheel)
12. Infotainment screen reset while driving.
13. unable to change track while streaming from spotify - steering wheel and main screen buttons didnt work - happened twice.
14. s-pin - no way to have the car prompt this when entering the car after you have saved it, yet the system says i can do it via the settings.
15. reversing camera is unusable at night time when in a dark area, picture is practically black despite adjusting the settings.
16. front assist not available. this keeps coming up, even though the sensors are clean.
17. passanger heated seat has a mind of its own, switches off and then back on its own every 30 seconds or so after being switched on.
18. Car is stuck with a notification around updating, cant get rid of it.
19. Sometimes the bluetooth connection wont allow me to change tracks.

APP/WEBSITE/EMAIL

1. android phone app (cupra connect) - so so slow to connect.
2. locking and unlocking via the app takes around 30 seconds, makes the usage pointless.
3. you can lock and unlock but cant drive the car, this means that being able to unlock the car is a bit pointless.
4. cannot add preferred service partner via app. no dealers listed, website shows seat dealers only.
5. when my indentity was confirmed to unlock the car via the app, the email had 2 buttons with links, both links dont work, one of them said "[The keyName: 'email_account_" - poor experience.
6. (cupra uk website) Online literature references amazon alexa as well as amazon music, yet cannot add via the store, in fact the store contains nothing. Online states available from week 48 of 2020. - poor user experience for a new brand.
7. website says my tank is low on fuel when i have half a tank.
Point 11 is dangerous

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I'm so sorry some of you seem to be going through all these problems. @manracer I feel for you brother that is a ridiculous list. Nothing to be done about the heaters not being backlit I'm afraid that is in truth just a shitty design and oversize. I've not had any of the problems you have been talking about. Only issue I had so far was a man made one by myself where I disabled the keyless entry (while replacing the key cover) without knowing but after an hour it came back on. There is one thing though... Sometimes when I open the boot with the key and then close it I then get into the car press the ignition and my indicators light up 3 times then settle. Duno what I've done to do this but it only happens occasionally. I feel blessed that I don't have any of the reported problems you guys are talking about. I had an update yesterday that took about 30 mins to complete I think and no issues at all. ( Don't know what it's changed though)

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I had none of the issues above, but I also don't use certain things like: Android Auto, Voice Control, Spotify, e-sim, front assist. I haven't checked passenger seat heating.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Do any of the people with no issues have a VIN number ending within the range of 0226 to 07184? If not the software on your vehicles might already include the updates being proposed for cars like mine.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Do any of the people with no issues have a VIN number ending within the range of 0226 to 07184? If not the software on your vehicles might already include the updates being proposed for cars like mine.

I just got my car so I really don't have many miles under my belt, but my VIN number ends with 2xxxx so it's well after that range. I haven't had any software issues so far.

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Check your VIN to see if the last four digits fall in the range of 0226 to 07184. If it does, there a big update (3 in total) that are being pushed out which may solve some of your issues.

Credit to @Agnes.Surrey for finding out about it.

Yes mine is in the 5k range. I've had 2 updates in the last few days, haven't driven it yet but will tomorrow so let's see.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
These updates have to be done at a Cupra Dealer. They are not available to download and implement at home.

If this is really the case you would assume Cupra would contact all owners with these cars??
Im getting the impression though that that won’t be happening, which is as poor as pushing a car out with these problems.

Reactions: MrMinch

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)

Mine is a 19xxx VIN number and Monday had my fair share of 'spoiled brat behaviour' from Infotaiment system, eSIM not connecting, GPS showing an incorrect position and a nice long list of glitches.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
If this is really the case you would assume Cupra would contact all owners with these cars??
Im getting the impression though that that won’t be happening, which is as poor as pushing a car out with these problems.

You haven’t been contacted yet because the updates are so new (courtesy of @Agnes.Surrey that when I contacted my main dealer, he hadn’t heard of it. I was called back 15 minutes later and my car was booked in.

I am having issues with my car and was not going to wait to be contacted, so i instigated the call to them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.