Formentor System Errors

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Well looks like my luck has run out with no problems. My heating system has just become totally unresponsive. Even if I turn the ignition off then back on. I can't turn my blowers off/ on and can't adjust the temperature. None of the other heating systems are working either!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Well looks like my luck has run out with no problems. My heating system has just become totally unresponsive. Even if I turn the ignition off then back on. I can't turn my blowers off/ on and can't adjust the temperature. None of the other heating systems are working either!
Looks like it has now sorted itself out but was totally frozen for about 45 mins. Couldn't do anything with heated steering/ seats/ auto/ iclima/ couldn't change temp of blowers ( stuck on cold) front and rear heating of windows.

Couple of times with locking up and walking away from car looks to have sorted it. Not good though and shows the vulnerability of having those systems working through infotainment

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah mine had an issue yesterday of not logging me on as the primary user and needing me to log in with my Cupra id.

Seems ok today 🤞

jimmymcmahon

Apr 4, 2021
Good evening all.

I hope that you are well.

I have a VZ2 which has a VIN number ending in 6473. I too have experienced some of the various errors mentioned in this thread.

I have received a number of software / firmware updates over the last few days which seems to have cleared up some of the previously seen errors, however, the comments earlier in this thread suggest that I potentially need to take the car to a dealership in order for them to apply some further updates to the car. Is this correct please or should the Over The Air updates I have received have updated my car fully?

On a similar note, can someone please confirm if the Ambient Lights only come on at night by default? I haven't had much opportunity to drive the car, but when I have, during the day, I notice that the interior ambient lighting is off, even if I turn it on / off via the system menu (with all the sliders set to full brightness). When I used the car at night, the ambient lighting came on as expected. Is this right or should they come on during the day, irrespective of the lighting conditions outside?

For reference, the infotainment system has a Device part number : 5FA035862B.

Many thanks in advance
Jimmy

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Ambient lights are on, when the lights are on. If you set lights to Auto, ambient lights will only switch on after dark. If you change lights to manual and have them on during the day, then you will get ambient lights too.

Regarding dealer update, it should update software from 1666 to 1672. Version of software after upgrade is mentioned in German pdf on page 5, I linked earlier.

Reactions: Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Ambient lights are on, when the lights are on. If you set lights to Auto, ambient lights will only switch on after dark. If you change lights to manual and have them on during the day, then you will get ambient lights too.

Regarding dealer update, it should update software from 1666 to 1672. Version of software after upgrade is mentioned in German pdf on page 5, I linked earlier.
Yes you can override and have the ambient lights on during the day if you manually turn your lights on. However you won't be able to see the ambient lights much doing this. The sensor above your rear view mirror detects the brightness of the light of the environment so if it's glaring sun and you have your lights set to 'auto' the ambient lighting won't come on, if you override it they will come on but you will hardly see them. When the sensor detects the light is dark enough for your exterior lights to come on your ambient lighting will do the same. ( It really stands out in dull weather conditions/ at night)

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally
Apr 6, 2021
Just taken delivery of my formentor today, electric front seat is not working, checked manual and nothing working, do I need to do anything programming wise, also last journey of the day, engine on but infotainment system went purple so cannot see anything, radio and sensors working but just have a purple screen so cannot engage with anything? Anyone else had the same issues or any advice please

Apr 6, 2021
So been down in Cornwall working for 2 days
Reverse camera failed to work twice black screen but parking sensors still worked
Main infotainment screen failed to wake up just black screen untill next restart any one else had these issues ?

got home and youngest son had done a ace drawing of our Formentor
First day of my formentor and the infotainment screen has gone purple, everything working on it as radio played and sensors worked when parked but couldn't engage with system, electric front seat also does not work. Anyone else having issues or got any fixes?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Was it stock car from 2020 or factory build from 2021? I've seen pictures of screen going pink or upside down in earlier cars.

Check if your VIN is on software upgrade recall, couple of pages back.

Reactions: Aoldham1989
Apr 6, 2021
Was it stock car from 2020 or factory build from 2021? I've seen pictures of screen going pink or upside down in earlier cars.

Check if your VIN is on software upgrade recall, couple of pages back.
I restarted the car after giving it an hour and the infotainment system was back to normal, this would have been stock car from 2020 as from order to delivery only took 4 weeks. Will check the vin tomorrow, thanks

jimmymcmahon

Apr 4, 2021

Thanks for the reply Agnes. That makes sense about the ambient lighting now.

So just to confirm, I am not going to receive the 1672 version via an over the air update and I need this to be done by a dealership?

jimmymcmahon

Apr 4, 2021
Yes you can override and have the ambient lights on during the day if you manually turn your lights on. However you won't be able to see the ambient lights much doing this. The sensor above your rear view mirror detects the brightness of the light of the environment so if it's glaring sun and you have your lights set to 'auto' the ambient lighting won't come on, if you override it they will come on but you will hardly see them. When the sensor detects the light is dark enough for your exterior lights to come on your ambient lighting will do the same. ( It really stands out in dull weather conditions/ at night)
Thanks Rick, much appreciated.

Reactions: Ricknffc

jimmymcmahon

Apr 4, 2021
Just taken delivery of my formentor today, electric front seat is not working, checked manual and nothing working, do I need to do anything programming wise, also last journey of the day, engine on but infotainment system went purple so cannot see anything, radio and sensors working but just have a purple screen so cannot engage with anything? Anyone else had the same issues or any advice please
Hi mate.

I experienced the infotainment screen going purple / flickering (as if it the screen had cracked) issue with a Cupra Formentor V2 that I originally had (before swapping it for a VZ2).

If you experience the issue again I found that pressing the power button on the system for about 10-15 seconds forces a hard reset of the infotainment system which resolved the issue for me.

Reactions: Aoldham1989
Apr 6, 2021
Hi mate.

I experienced the infotainment screen going purple / flickering (as if it the screen had cracked) issue with a Cupra Formentor V2 that I originally had (before swapping it for a VZ2).

If you experience the issue again I found that pressing the power button on the system for about 10-15 seconds forces a hard reset of the infotainment system which resolved the issue for me.
Thanks, I started it this AM and downloaded the update and no issues so far, I did have an error message on the Automatic cruise control yesterday, (front sensor impaired) was the message, today when attempting to use it it says its disconnected and to turn it on at main switch, when I go to the infotainment system it doesn't allow me to turn it on. Its going into seat next Wednesday to look at electric front seat as that is faulty so will get them to run diagnostic then but has anyone experienced the same with cruise control, there is no error on dash and when I click on the app to check it isnt picking up any faults

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My VZ2 was in at the Dealers yesterday for the update which I can confirm took around 5 hrs and has to be completed at the dealers.

My car is So improved over what I previously had. The infotainment system is updated from 1666 to 1672 and feels a lot more responsive even when cold.

As for driving the car, it’s as if it has now cone alive. Throttle response and acceleration are so much better and the car is now as it should be.

If you have a VIN that ends between 00226 and 07184 then go book your car in and get the updates done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
My VZ2 was in at the Dealers yesterday for the update which I can confirm took around 5 hrs and has to be completed at the dealers.

My car is So improved over what I previously had. The infotainment system is updated from 1666 to 1672 and feels a lot more responsive even when cold.

As for driving the car, it’s as if it has now cone alive. Throttle response and acceleration are so much better and the car is now as it should be.

If you have a VIN that ends between 00226 and 07184 then go book your car in and get the updates done.

Are you suggesting that this software update involves tweaks to the cars mapping?????

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Are you suggesting that this software update involves tweaks to the cars mapping?????

If you look at the document associated with the link there is mention of ECU.

Im nit stating any mapping has been done only that my car feels like it’s got 306hp now whereas before it was a little limp.

Reactions: Yaz2010
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise