Forum member feedback, have your say.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I have been a member of this forum for a wee while and was curious of what others thoughts are.
After discussion with the site owner we would like to hear the members thoughts on the current forum content etc.

So; What would you as a member like to change, add or remove, anything from additional discussion topics that may be of interest or to simple off topic content, is there anything that could be made easier.
Please reply to this thread and let’s see if we can make this fantastic forum even better.

Obviously forum rules (link below) will remain strictly in force so please bare this in mind.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I like it as it is.
Helpfull, usefull with great parts availability.

Decent amount of (i dont like this word but..) banter and mickey taking without stepping over the line and causing offence. No rows between members that ive noticed.

Wish you sold .net coffee mugs though in the merch section.
I do like a coffee :)

Last edited:

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I like it as it is.
Helpfull, usefull with great parts availability.

Decent amount of (i dont like this word but..) banter and mickey taking without stepping over the line and causing offence. Now rows between members that ive noticed.

Wish you sold .net coffee mugs though in the merch section.
I do like a coffee :)
Thank you for your feedback. Maybe @Syphon will accommodate you, no promises though 😂

Reactions: Syphon and Rich.T

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I have been a member of this forum for a wee while and was curious of what others thoughts are.
After discussion with the site owner we would like to hear the members thoughts on the current forum content etc.

So; What would you as a member like to change, add or remove, anything from additional discussion topics that may be of interest or to simple off topic content, is there anything that could be made easier.
Please reply to this thread and let’s see if we can make this fantastic forum even better.

Obviously forum rules (link below) will remain strictly in force so please bare this in mind.

Bump.

C’mon guys, only one response ? I suppose what we can gauge from the lack of replies is the forum is tip top and should be left as is !!!

Reactions: jt20vt and Rich.T

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
i've belonged to many car/motoring forums over the years and to be honest this one is very friendly and helpful ,ok only been on here less than a year but it has been very helpful,in all honesty i cannot really see i would want anything changing .
on some forums (i won't name them) there are some that like to belittle new members with little knowledge of the car and throw things about like RTFM all the time and that's not helpful ,i don't think i have seen that kind of childish behaviour on here as yet anyway...keep up the great work. ;)

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Thanks for the replies peeps, I'm sure Scott will be extremely happy its all gggooooooodddd 👍

Reactions: Syphon

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021

I have only been a member a short while, I would like a How to section with videos as I feel that it would help other members fix their cards
I find the current forum great and really informative , But the only thing I have found when getting parts for my Leon is the more then one type, say a brake disc for a leon despite giving the motor factors the VRM .Maybe a section for parts

May 2, 2021
Decent forum for quite a niche brand and not pretentious or snooty like a couple of others I’ve been a member of previously.
Perhaps because the cars are owned by people who aren’t badge snobs?
I’d kinda leave it be as it is and see how it develops once a few more new cars come on stream over the next few months.
Some really helpful people on here too as well as the odd whingbag (me lol)
Is there an “off topic” section? Cant say I’ve looked…off to investigate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have only been a member a short while, I would like a How to section with videos as I feel that it would help other members fix their cards
I find the current forum great and really informative , But the only thing I have found when getting parts for my Leon is the more then one type, say a brake disc for a leon despite giving the motor factors the VRM .Maybe a section for parts
Great feedback, not sure if you've seen already but we have a guides section for most cars, admittedly I think it's mostly images and not videos but just as helpful, the MK3 Leon one can be found here - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forums/mk3-leon-guides-5f-2012-2020.317/

The guides section for each one can be found under each MK for a car
2021-10-12 07_58_52-Leon _ SEATCUPRA.NET.png

We also have sponsors who deal with genuine and aftermarket parts which would be more than happy to help with anything you may need for your car - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/#sponsors-trading-forum.127

Hopefully that's helped and if not let us know and we can look into this further for you :)

Decent forum for quite a niche brand and not pretentious or snooty like a couple of others I’ve been a member of previously.
Perhaps because the cars are owned by people who aren’t badge snobs?
I’d kinda leave it be as it is and see how it develops once a few more new cars come on stream over the next few months.
Some really helpful people on here too as well as the odd whingbag (me lol)
Is there an “off topic” section? Cant say I’ve looked…off to investigate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback :) , there is indeed an off topic section which you can find here - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forums/general-off-topic-chat.73/

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
I have been a member for a few years after buying my first 10 plate Leon in 2012. Only really started to use it since February time when used it to research prior to buying a 68 plate Ateca. I have found the forum very friendly and very informative. Like others have mentioned previously, no sarcastic comments or tension between members as i have found on other forums. Keep up the good work!

Oct 29, 2021
Je suis membre de ce forum depuis un petit moment et j'étais curieux de savoir ce que les autres pensaient
my seat cupra an 2017 jai changer un nouveau cockpit et ecran android original
alors jai un probleme avec door light ca fonctionne plus

Harvard4

Jun 10, 2021
Hallo fellow SEAT drivers, be it with a Cupra or more mundane Leon ( Mk3 ).
Long time -- no write..!. I prefer to peruse forums various on any topic,, and enjoy all info. be it technical or pleas for help. As regards content of existing threads ( correct word..? ),, well, it varies wildly. Super techie baffles me, viz. hacking into software /hardware of Leons various to effect infotainment upgrades. mind boggles.. someone on a mission...... so complex..!! I am much more keen on less difficult topics. For example ......

No idea what titles MIB1, MIB 2, etc. with or without 6.5 or 8 inch screens relate to. My 2016 mk3 has 6.5 screen with Media System Plus, Navi System ( not Plus) and works perfectly. Is this MIB 1..? It also features Glove comp. CD player and Aux inputs in centre console.

Engine is CYVB with emission standard EU6. Has this anything to do with the last exhaust silencer being fitted @ 90 degrees to car's length axis, ( i.e. across the body) and terminates well back underneath body. I actually like this as there is no exhaust pipe emitting direct at the rear. Unlike many other models.. with -- one only at rear, one each side,, two on one side or even two each side.

Finally I possess a Foxwell NT 510 Pro scanner,,, ( forget " Pro", that apparently means nothing) which has, indirectly, led me to get it checked at local non SEAT dealer whot promptly found and changed An 02 oxygen sensor fitted after the catalyst.

The only car feature I really miss... is proximity sensors front and rear. Non Autto folding mirrors I can live with, All this , a bit disjointed, but there you are.