FR Tdi 130 Vibration problem

leerob

Ok I have a 2 month old FR Tdi 130 and I have a virbration which seems to have developed at tickover. It disappears if you put the air con on and the ECU compensates by raising the revs slightly but at soon as you turn it off it comes back. Only seems to do it when the engine is warm and probably come off choke..
The garage are been less than helpfull as they say the vibration is just cos its a diesel..I thnink not. I feel I may kill them if they dont sort it soon

Anyone else had a similar problem, and if you did how did you get it fixed...its driving me mad

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
same sort of problems m8, i also have to tap the gear stick occasionally as it vibrates like a b***h sometimes. In short, i'd agree with the dealer, tdi's rattle vibrate and massage my bum :rolleyes:

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Yep got to agree here - mine does the samewhen sitting at idle. Have you tried pushing the clutch in, seems to stop mine from doing it. I've read posts abouth this being due to the 130pd having a dual mass flywheel which some owners have had changed under warranty. Mine only has 100 miles on it so i'll see how this goes.

houseslut

had the same problem in the same car mate. if find it helped if you moved the gear stick about. the problem seems to have got better now. got about 2500 miles on now and it doesnt tend to do it as much. what u think to the car?

leerob

Fantastic car to drive, got about 3000 miles on it so far, just wish I hadn't got the few little things wrong with it. Mine also pulls to the left quite a lot and its been tracked twice and they say its ok but defo still pulling. Plus I have the usual problem with the lights like most people do with them fogging up in the rain....bloody typical. But like I say apart from that its great and nice and quick. I think Seat need to do something about there customer service though as they have been crap with me so far. Ah well yhou cant have everything.

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
mine has it too, well annoying! find that if i move the gear stick about it calms down...not tried putting the clutch in as yet, but i'll try that one! still bloody annoying tho. something else that happens is that sometimes the passenger front window doesn't go up when i press the button from the drivers side...these little things are not big problems as they cure themselves...mine has just over 3k on the clock.

any news on how these fr tdi's depreciate in value, as i've heard stories saying they're bad...the dealers think they're good at holding value?

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
something else that happens is that sometimes the passenger front window doesn't go up when i press the button from the drivers side...these little things are not big problems as they cure themselves...mine has just over 3k on the clock.

any news on how these fr tdi's depreciate in value, as i've heard stories saying they're bad...the dealers think they're good at holding value?

When I picked mine up the Drivers side window wasn't working on the one touch up function. I reset it on the way down the road and all is now well, you maybe need to try doing this with your passenger one mate. Put it right up to the top and hold the button in the up position till you hear a click. This should be it reset.

As for the depreciation, not heard about any figures however I'm sure the pre facelift model holds it's value quite well compared to the petrol version (like my last one!) I'm sure this one will be the same. Only had it a day and am convinced I'm keeping it for at least 5 years (not 5 mins like my 20VT!)

Cheers,

Brian.

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
yep usually happens in mine, move the gear stick about a bit and it seems to sort it!! at the end of the day, my car has so many rattles i've given up trying to locate them!!
my girlfriend thinks i'm hearing most of them:blink:

i put it down to the diesel rattle and the fact i'm dropped on coilovers!!

cheb

Ibiza FR TDi
Sep 27, 2006
Rotherham
ive had the vibration rattle, dealer put it down to strut brace. sorted that problem but another rattle is still there, i get the gear stick vibration and can go if its moved around, but i get a deeper vibration when accelerating which may be to do with the gear stick, but i reckon dealer are going to keep blaming the diesel engine.

what is the dual mass flywheel, did the dealer change it to another dual flywheel clutch or an alternative clutch?

houseslut

I had same problem with the window too. sent mine back to the dealers and they fixed it. customer service was alright for me. when i picked it up it had a big **** off kerb on the alloy so as a gesture of goodwill when they swapped it they gave me a full tank of diesel. i love it. dont get to drive it often enough as im at uni now and dont want to bring it here cause it'll get ****ed so its class when i do get my baby back. any one suggest some nice mods for it?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Do you mean the entire car shudders or that there is something vibrating? If the car is shuddering, its probably only because the engine is rotating at the cars resonant (natural) frequency and the relatively stiff suspension isnt dampening it. My 1.2 did it, however my 1.9TDi did, now doesnt - this may be because mine is now bedded in a little better (58k Miles) and therefore turns over at a slightly different speed.

If it is a vibration, check for your strut brace fouling on the airbox, or the airbox fouling on something below (mine buzzes at 1100-1300 revs - very irritating but soon to be fixed)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
My gearlever used to vibrate at idle and while accelerating in 4th gear. Was due to play in the linkage, could be seen if you removed the gaitor and fiddled round enough.

A vibration when accelerating in all gears but at a certain RPM is often the plastic boost pipe vibrating against the plastic fuel filter housing, as the engine moves under load. LOTS of people have had this, me included, I stuck some foam on the fuel filter housing to cure it.

Triple D

Was gonna say it could be the plastic boost pipe knocking against the fuel pump aswell muddyboots.I had that problem with mine when i first had it, i just stuck a sponge inbetween it and problem solved ;)

cheb

Ibiza FR TDi
Sep 27, 2006
Rotherham
just gave the sponge ago between the pipe and the fuel pump and took it for a quick blast and looks like its solved the problem. nice one :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.