Freetrack with aux in problems...

ianwilly

I have only had the car a week and decided to check the video screen out in the back. Video works fine but i cant get any sound through (havent checked the infrared as i have no headphones) the speakers. I assume i press CD/Aux on the head unit but nothing happens, it just says NO CD?? I tried it with my mp3 player too, same problem. Also tried 2 cables, still no sound. What am i doing wong, is there a special button somewhere?? The instructions are useless, so they were no help.

Any help appreciated.....

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Make sure you have the aux-in cable with the red, white & yellow connectors. I've taken the panel off before and found some of the connectors inside are loose - the panel comes off with a little force (it's just metal clips), check all connections. I found a broken connector in mine probably my own doing!) - replacement on order from David at Sere Motors for less than a tenner (although it's coming from Spain, 2 week lead time)

ianwilly

Have today looked a bit further into this, checked that it all works with infrared headphones and it does, but still when i press the cd/aux button it just says no cd, almost as if there is no aux connected?? I have take the radio out and all connections are sound. The connection on the auido inputs are also ok.

So there is a problem somewhere i think between the screen? and the headunit?

I wanted to look under the armrest but could see no easy way of getting inside without ttaking all the trim off first. The back part of the armrest looks like it should clip off, but i dont want to force it, anybody know??

twistandgo

Sorry to hear your having problems...

Firstly, you have heard the expression of not teaching your granny to suck eggs... but I too made the mistake of not pressing the CD/AUX button twice. You need to press it twice to get to the AUX function... I only say this as obviously one press selects CD and if you have no CD in... it says No CD.

If you have tried the above, then not sure. As others have said try checking out the rear RCA connections. I had problems with my ipod connecting for video for the kids and general music. Traced to a faulty connector on the little pcb behind the mounting plate. Hell of a job getting that RCA connection panel out though... it is only metal clips but these were really stiff. Also lost the white RCA through the mounting plate so had to take it out agian... once out... you can see its not the most robust design.. but considering its all in with the price of the car you cant complain I guess. Screen has been great on long journeys for th kids though. Makes me wan to sit in the back!!!

Failing that, try a known working source and cable and have a play... it "should" work and the screen doesnt have to be on for the Audio to come through stereo/head unit.

Keep us posted!!

ianwilly

I'd guessed i might have to press it twice, but made no difference. I think i have exhausted all the things i can do so have booked it in at seat to get it looked at properly, it is still under warranty after all.....

Dawesy

Make sure you have the aux-in cable with the red, white & yellow connectors. I've taken the panel off before and found some of the connectors inside are loose - the panel comes off with a little force (it's just metal clips), check all connections. I found a broken connector in mine probably my own doing!) - replacement on order from David at Sere Motors for less than a tenner (although it's coming from Spain, 2 week lead time)

hey alan - I need one of these - do you knwo where you got yours from? Std Aux in does work as i'm sure you know on the rear media points
cheers Will

AjMFreetrack

I am having the same problem, stereo just bongs and says NO CD, regardless of how many times pressed. It says in the book it should still switch to AUX even if there is nothing plugged in...

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
hey alan - I need one of these - do you knwo where you got yours from? Std Aux in does work as i'm sure you know on the rear media points
cheers Will

Hi Dawesy, I bought the proper one from the Apple store in Glasgow - was about £40. You can get slightly cheaper ones but for the sake of a fiver I went for the Ipod cable. Let me play everything through the Ipod, great sound and picture quality

Cheers
Al

AjMFreetrack

Anyone got the answer to this? I have read the instructions cover to cover and it says you should be able to switch on AUX mode in the program menu but mine does not have the option which is a bit odd. Anyone have any ideas what would make the option disappear? I have check all the connections and they are sound and it is the correct stereo that does have the AUX function.

AjMFreetrack

Well I have fixed mine, seems that it needs VAG COM. When I looked at it the stereo it had dropped the coding that tells it that it has AUX. Put that value back in (which is 4) and hey presto it works!

Still going to get a Dension though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise