From LC to LCR to K1

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
would do mate but the meets in the midlands always fall on my late shift week i will get to a meet soon as i can lol

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
To be honest mate, and touching wood (ahem). It actually seems cheaper, compared to both the LC and LCR.
I've got to get her booked in for the 20k service, but don't know whether to go to a main dealer (SEAT / Skoda / VW), or an independant as it's out of warranty any way.

I would definately recommend a K1, the normal Cupra is sooooo boring looking. (Que all the K1 haters). Anyway atleast the K1 stands out, and is pound for pound a lot cheaper to get BHP out of.

You could always go down the route of putting the Aero kit on, as there is no difference other than the kit between Cupra and K1.

Thanks,

Mark.

Quick update,

Rang Marshalls SEAT in Leicester today to get a price for the service today (she needs a 30k, as she has already had the 20k service, although actual mileage is 17.5k)
Any how, got a price of £187.00 inc vat. Which I thought was quite steep, and was going to ring the other VAG group dealers to see how they compare.
With Marshalls coming in at that price, I didn't bother with VW, so rang the Farmers Skoda in Leicester. The price...... £81.59, not much difference then. So she's booked in for next Saturday.

Yes I know I could do it myself, but I can't stamp my service book, and it'll affect the residuals if I ever sell up.

Jacko_lcr

loverly looking car, love the k1s, on the price for your service i got a quote off jennings seat at middlesbrough for a 50k service on my lcr and it was £150 and all that was included was a oil filter change and fresh oil

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Just a little update on what's been happening.

Fitted the Linea R grill on Saturday, bought this through Dave at SERE Motors. Dave was really helpful, a shame other dealerships (not just SEAT) couldn't learn from this company!

SDC11663.jpg

I think the Grill is far better than the slated grill.

Also changed the aerial, which id a pain in the arse as I've still to connect it up properly. but again I think it tidies the roof up.

SDC11665.jpg

Last up date.............Some utter B******s! have yet again scrathed my car. The F****r has scratched along the boot of her on Wednesday. Then on Friday some inconsiderate driver has opened their car door and marked my drivers door! WHY is it always me????

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Been looking at prices for the clutch kit. don't know whether to go for an OEM type, or uprated. Obviously OEM is cheaper, I can get the complete kit for just under £500. Or I have seen uprated kits from from around £1000, then got to pay to have it fitted. I think I will be better going uprated.

With regards to the map, the first owner had the Bluefin installed. The mapping is done via a hand held controller, that is loaded with the map which they send out. So I can take it off when ever I want, takes around 30 minutes. It swaps the OEM / with their map, then stores OEM on the controller.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members