Front Anti Roll Bar for an Leon Cupra

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yes, the rear bars are the same - Golf MK4

Yes, the Eibach rear I sold to Jase hit on the back box (when loaded up or "pressing on"). The Eibach fits closer/tighter to the rear beam, and it doesn't have the drop links - so where it was banging was where the bar curved around the spring cups before it bolts onto the damper bolt. Compared to the Neuspeed it's much closer to the back box here, because it's higher up and bends inwards to get round the spring cup.

The Neuspeed is different because it bends downwards just after the brackets (as you can clearly see on Steve's pic) and has the drop links (yes they are included) which gives more clearance.

I looked under the back of a mate's Cupra (standard zorst) and I thought that the Eibach would catch that as well...

I guess that the 'tavia's back box is either smaller or further back so it misses. Either that or it's made as cheaply as possible out of two baked bean cans pop riveted together, which I think is more likely :bleh:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I guess that the 'tavia's back box is either smaller or further back so it misses. Either that or it's made as cheaply as possible out of two baked bean cans pop riveted together, which I think is more likely
oooooooooooooooh ark at er :D
pics206.jpg

just for you bitches :p

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
does ANYONE use the H&R kit????
I cant justify the cost of the neuspeed jobbies, and only other kit (Eibach) is really hard to get hold of.
I want something to fit my LC without hitting my back box, this being the supersprint "LCR look-alike" type box.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
jason said:
oooooooooooooooh ark at er :D
just for you bitches :p

Was going to try to paintshop a bean can on there, but can't be arsed.

Your bck box seems to be incredibly high up in comparison to the LEON's

Are your brake calipers mouldy though?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Hmmm, Powerflow :think:

Jase's is a bit rusty - can't quite see the label. Is it this one?

home_20050331_2.jpg

P.S. Jase, yer lazy scrote, you've not even taken that piece of ruber matting off!

P.P.S. Sorry Pabs. I have to say though, I wouldn't say Eibach were hard to find? Hard to find cheap maybe?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Feel said:
Hmmm, Powerflow :think:

Jase's is a bit rusty - can't quite see the label. Is it this one?

home_20050331_2.jpg

P.S. Jase, yer lazy scrote, you've not even taken that piece of ruber matting off!

P.P.S. Sorry Pabs. I have to say though, I wouldn't say Eibach were hard to find? Hard to find cheap maybe?

No - these

http://www.blinman.com/tesco_value_beans.jpg

Anyway

Front ARB will have to have the subframe lowered a bit to get it out, but that's no hardship (just support the car elsewhere & lower on a trolley jack)

Looked straightforward enough - but if someone has a haynes manaul for the golf 4 it should confirm

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
eibach are always on back order, never find them in STOCK anywhere. And after reading that they hit back boxes etc, don't know which ones to go for. Really think the kit idea is better as its cheaper in the long run.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I ummed and ahhed about paying for a Neuspeed - they do seem more expensve than the others. But, like m0rk said earlier, they are definitely better quality.

Sometimes, you can muck about umming and ahhing over something and you never actually do it. I got my rear in an Awesome GB, but didn't save THAT much in the grand scheme of things. My advise - just order one, you'll have no fitment issues, and you could probably get one in a couple of days.

Don't know anything about H&R, don't know if there's anything on uk-mkivs about them, but then again, I got the impression that a lot of them used the Eibach rear...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
after reading about the neuspeed bar in the ibiza forum (something snapped) not sure I'm that keen on em, although it does seem to be an isolated case.

But £200 for each brace (approx) + fitting makes it the same/more expensive than the coilovers themselves. H&R kit/Eibach kit is the price of 1 brace, nearly.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
But the Eibach rear hits the back box, even though Eibach said that it fitted? I can't remember why, but the other guy that tried an Eibach front didn't get it to fit either (but that might've been trying to get a Golf one on an LCR)

Don't know about H&R. If you could get a picture of one like Steve & Jase's we might be able to see if it might/might not fit.

Or, you could pay the difference to be sure, out of the gate, that they will fit. I know how sick I felt when the rear started banging.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh, i know whatcha mean.
What size front would you recommend for my LC anyway? And what size rear? 23/25??

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I stuck to a 25mm rear, on stock suspension and standard front ARB. Middle setting. Love it, no snap, tames the back end down a treat. Sometimes think about putting onto the stiffer setting. This is on an LCR though, so it's probably all different.

What's RobDon got? Edit: Great minds think alike :D

www.rd20vturbo.co.uk says Eibachs, but doesn't give a size, but it also says he has a Supersprint zorst.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
m0rk said:
it's because his isn't OE skoda, it's a Powerflow bean can
and for the record,NOT my choice,it was on the car at time of purchase.
can't see why they used such long tail pipes on it though,i'd have brought the back box rearward and used shorter tails.

anyway:H&R, hollow tube jobbies for weight reduction?
eibach one looks better imho,neuspeed just "looks" like a piece of bent metal,eibach looks like someone has put some thought into it,tapered ends and bend to fit.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
lol - yeh great minds. Pretty sure he had the eibach's on his. But like you say its a risk i don't really want to take, unless i can be guaranteed.
I bought the highsports cos I thought they'd be ok - and that i wouldn't need arbs - how wrong i was :(

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I thought the Eibach rear was stiffer than the Neuspeed, possibly a tad too stiff as I did get some snap oversteer (but this was stock suspension).

I also thought (like Jase) that it fit "better" because of the way it follows the rear beam, and round the spring cups.

The Neuspeed brackets were much better quality though, as was the finish - and the fact that it's apparently JUST stiff enough makes me think that it's been "designed" if you know what I mean.

Still if the Eibach does the job, and doesn't clunk on your back box - go with that.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise