Front brake discs - Arosa 1.0

uniamboman

Hi all,

I am planning to replace my front brake discs on my 2002 Arosa 1.0, engine code AUC.

On www.vwspares.co.uk I am not sure which brake discs I would need to order. In the front of my service book on the sticker, I have no codes which match the codes listed on the site (1LA, 1LB, 1LM etc).

Does anyone know, out of the following, which would fit my car?

239x10mm Solid (1LA)
239x18mm Vented (1LB,1LM)
256x20mm Vented (1ZK,1ZE)

Thanks,

Matt.

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
239x9 if i remember off the top of my head im 99.999999% certain on that one , its deffo NOT the 18mm ones thats what the 1.7SDis use and the 256x20 is what the TDi and sports use

uniamboman

Thanks for replying 1litre wonder. :)

I ordered the 239x10 in the end, after taking off one of my front wheels to look at the current disc and measure it. It is 10mm thick and of solid construction, not vented, so by process of elimination I went for the Solid variety.

It was dry outside when I started to take the wheel off - as soon as I had it off, the heavens opened and I got drenched!!! Typical!!

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
My donor car had vented disks......I thought that was very odd!

Was that a 1.0L too?

I was under the impression that mk1 arosas had vented and mk2s are solid.

But it seems they are all solid then, apart from the odd few!

1.0 Lupos do have vented discs though.

I find the brakes ok on my 1.0 though, they have never overheated so i suppose they dont need vents.

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
the 1litres that i have changed brakes on have all had solid 239 discs , however iggys 1.7SDi lupo which also uses 239 were thicker AND vented ...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.