Front brakes on Lcr

shelby.68

just ordered upgrade suspension which inc eibach a.r.b., i've got the milltek sports cat system on and have been told the eibach system knocks on the back box and I'll have to make a small dent in it to stop this. have you had any problems?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Will the groves in the disk caused by the 1045 pads cause a MOT failure? My car has its mot in the next month!

look earlier in the thread m8, u will see a pic of mine, not that i have had an mot, or need one, i think mine will be fine! :yes:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
just ordered upgrade suspension which inc eibach a.r.b., i've got the milltek sports cat system on and have been told the eibach system knocks on the back box and I'll have to make a small dent in it to stop this. have you had any problems?

On an LCR, definitely yes. :search:

ECP NOTTS

Sorry to butt in lads n lasses, some of you may remember me as WGSEAT or daz from Willoughbys, basically after my walk out from them I am now at Euro Car Parts in nottingham and I can one again offer you great prices on OE parts such as LCR front pads £55 inc vat and delivery, I am still awaiting an email from Zboyd to be honest, just to confim I can go ahead but its looking good fella's and I'm glad to be back

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Sorry to butt in lads n lasses, some of you may remember me as WGSEAT or daz from Willoughbys, basically after my walk out from them I am now at Euro Car Parts in nottingham and I can one again offer you great prices on OE parts such as LCR front pads £55 inc vat and delivery, I am still awaiting an email from Zboyd to be honest, just to confim I can go ahead but its looking good fella's and I'm glad to be back
Not LCR but Brembo fitment..
Do you list Brembo 8 pot Audi RS6 pads? how much?

ECP NOTTS

Not LCR but Brembo fitment..
Do you list Brembo 8 pot Audi RS6 pads? how much?

:( :( I dont want to tread on anyones toes here I am still trying to sort things out with my marketing dept. and Zboyd to start selling proper, I suppose it wont hurt just givin you a price though £129 inc vat and p&p, 2-3days though

Boblester40

Interesting to see what has been posted, I bought the basic grooved disc from leda and after they had sent me the 312mm discs twice they agreed to give me a pair of two piece discs for the same price as they had f**ked me about so much, when they arrived the finsh of the disc surfce was very un even as if it had vibrated when being turned i stuck them on anyway with the high spec pads and they worked ok for a while then started getting vibration when braking, scoring and groves in the discs utter shite ! changed pads for a set of OMP ones from ebay , much better and have worked ok but the discs still score bad, guess i wont be going back to leda, just glad I didnt pay 600 quid for them, bloody spanish jobs worths.

regards
bob

DONVER

Hi everyone, I have also had trouble with the 1045 galfer pads bought from quatroman.I will post some pics of my discs tomorrow, but it’s fair to say what were smooth disks in good condition are now really badly scored disks that need replacing. Also have a mate that bought the 1055’s at the same time and his disks are badly scored as well, funny enough although we have both done nearly the same amount of miles my disks seem a lot worse with the so called softer pad! Not your fault quatroman as you were just trying to do us all a favor but I think leda need to supply some answers to us all.(and some new disks!!!)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
:( :( I dont want to tread on anyones toes here I am still trying to sort things out with my marketing dept. and Zboyd to start selling proper, I suppose it wont hurt just givin you a price though £129 inc vat and p&p, 2-3days though

thats a lot better than I have just paid..
next time I'll give you a shout.. (cost me £198)
Do you know what make they will likely be?

Pagid is the OE pad

thanks

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
not sure if this is related to the galfer pads..... BUT... .when I ran stock brembo pads, which were Galfer, used on track where they got very hot, they would burn the binder off the pad material so whats left is the harder more "gritty" substrate, which then wears the disk much faster.
I spoke with a couple of brake manufacturers about this at Autosports, and this is how they described the degredation of some of their softer compounds.

I previously ran PF01 carbon metallic pads (and still do on occasion) and their stopping power is immense. Their wear rate on the disks however is higher.

you either consume pads or disks, depends which one your prepared to sacrifice first... (pads are cheaper)

My Audi S8, consumes disks at the same rate as pads on its original setup. - Deemed normal A8 wear.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004

hi there!

just quickly scratching your brain if thats ok... so these £55 + VAT pads... who are they made by?! :shrug:

also could you please tell me how much you can do the LCR 232 * 28 LCR discs for?!

im just curious at the mo... dont need new brakes untill early next year i think! ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise