Front indicator bulb not working..help

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
My front passengers side indicator bulb isn't working, bulb out warning came up on the dash today, bought a new bulb at my local dealership and fitted it, still doesn't work. Checked the original bulb and it wasn't even blown! Swapped out the bulb and holder from the drivers side door (which works in the drivers side) and it doesn't work in the passengers side either. When I indicate left it goes at double speed inside so I know it isn't working. Swapped the fuses for left and right electrics but this hasn't fixed it either. I drive a MK2 leon TDI

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Clarke

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
dodgy connection ?

oooh do they work ok on the hazard switch ?

Nope they don't work on hazard either, seems like a dogy connection to me but there is nothing connecting into the back of the bulb holder once you fit it into the main headlight cluster so it's not that I can check that either :( It just clicks into place and that's it.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
When I changed the indicators I had trouble getting them to work.

It was a bad connection, just keep hazards on and keep turing the bulb holder thing.

I cant seem to get the bulb holder off in my new leon....I can turn it but it doesnt want to come out!

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
When I changed the indicators I had trouble getting them to work.

It was a bad connection, just keep hazards on and keep turing the bulb holder thing.

I cant seem to get the bulb holder off in my new leon....I can turn it but it doesnt want to come out!

Ok i'll give that a go, yea it turns slightly then theres an awful tugging session (oh er!) to get it to pop out.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Just keep trying with hazards on and connecting and disconnecting bulb.If no joy trace the wire back if its easy enough to do.Is it still under warranty? Back to the stealers always works for me.

Maximus2000uk

My dealership told me that the only way to suitable change the indicator bulb, was to take the actual glass out...and to do that you have to remove the bumper!

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
Well i've fiddled about with the bulb holder while the hazzards were in place and still nothing, checked the three main sockets I can see coming from the headlights and still nothing :( I'll give the dealership a phone on Monday.

Cheers for all the advice
Clarke

May 13, 2007
i had this on mine you have to get the bulb holder positioned just right its just a matter of moving it abit at a time also had wax from when car was new on it so gave it a good clean as well chris

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
My front passengers side indicator bulb isn't working, bulb out warning came up on the dash today, bought a new bulb at my local dealership and fitted it, still doesn't work. Checked the original bulb and it wasn't even blown! Swapped out the bulb and holder from the drivers side door (which works in the drivers side) and it doesn't work in the passengers side either. When I indicate left it goes at double speed inside so I know it isn't working. Swapped the fuses for left and right electrics but this hasn't fixed it either. I drive a MK2 leon TDI

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Clarke

It must be the month for front passenger indicators to stop working......cos mine stopped this morning!!:confused:

I'll have a look at it later today. Maybe an excuse to get a pair of Silvervision bulbs, whilst I'm in there!!:D

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
I had a similar problem with mine. Changed a bulb and didnt work for a while! Then fiddled about with it for ages and bulb started working but still have the bulb icon on the dash. Driving me nuts

PS and the bl00dy interior light doesnt come on with the door open only comes on constant when you push the button to constant which is a right pain in the night when getting in!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.