Front Mount Intercooler

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
Hi, I am looking to upgrade to a fmi, I have read through Nevs comprehensive guide tho still struggling. Can anyone help me with the all the parts I need to order as the links on Nevs guide are now invalid and don't know where to start:shrug:

Any help appreciated

Regards Tim

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
you need a 2.5" pipework kit with silicon joints - don't buy the one with rubber ones as these will tear under high boost.
also a forge 63mm map sensor map.
2 63mm-76mm silicon reducers.
1 intercooler 450mm x 300mm x 75mm excluding the end tanks

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
fmi parts

I called universal intercoolers quoting above parts and didn't really help, anyone got an idiots list that i could read off and get the correct parts:shrug:

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
cooler size

That would be well appreciated Nev, if you could supply a list of the other bits needed so I can tell the fella at universal intercoolers that would be great. I know their listed though can't tell what they are now. I was gonna attempt this myself though now seriously worried about carrying out the job, trouble is most of the mechs in Devon also don't have much of a clue or charge by the hour (ouch). Think I'll still give it a go. Any help will be appreciated, dont like to just milk info without being able to help others out but me n cars dont work well together:shrug:

Regards Tim

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.