Front mount intercoolers.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
if you guys are looking for ways to make your shopping list easier i found loads of pics of set ups being out together here:

I do wish you hadnt lol.

Anyone have any info on water cooled intercoolers?

Can find them on ebay but not as a full kit!

Thinking it maybe cheaper then a front mount + water/methanol injection.
And more efficient?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I had started a conversation with airtec for prices on there intercooler kit. 1-5, 6-10, etc for different price brackets. With the theory of the more we buy the cheaper it will be. But now it's gone silent. Going to give them to the end of the week.
I then am going to look at the toyosport 600x300 intercooler and then make my own fitting kit.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I have the Airtec kit on mine, I know they're obviously more expensive that putting together a Wellycooler type set up but it does admittedly fit well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I have the Airtec kit on mine, I know they're obviously more expensive that putting together a Wellycooler type set up but it does admittedly fit well.

Could you do measure the surface area of the fined cooling section. I want to do a rough calculation of the are. Yeah I know I can't do it precisely for area or volume of the cooling tubes...
The welly is 76mm wide and the airtec is only 60. So over 25% wider so that has to help.
Screenshot_20210105-224056_eBay.jpg
and then this for the tubing set up.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'm not sure about the finned area but the dimensions are on this listing.
Also my kit has one piece silicone hoses either side as apposed to the multi sectional ones shown in the pictures.

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah the leon kit is TINTVAG8 I think the code is. As it has the metal sections of pipes. But what I think you got is the s3 kit where the pipes are all silicone. And the kit is about 50 cheaper. But runs the same intercooler.... can you run the fogs with the hoses how you have them.
Screenshot_20210106-054341_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210106-054403_Samsung Internet.jpg

But looking more closely the s3 don't have the mountings on top of the cooler tho .....

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
This is 100% a LCR kit and the front bumper and fog lights fit perfectly without any modifications.
Both sides of the are pipework are invisible though the grilles as well as I had contemplated buying black ones as the red wasn't my choice but it seems pointless now tbh.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ive ordered an airtec kit from AKS tuning and will be with me in a few weeks.
Gone for black hoses and cooler with no emblem.
Looking forward to it turning up and fingers crossed theres no problems.

Deleted member 126886

We stock plenty of the Airtec kits, and can offer a bit of discount over the RRP ?? If you drop me a message can get a price

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
AKS have sead 3 weeks. If it starts turning into a drama I'll get a refund and see what you can do.
Im after black cooler, black pipes and no logo.
Have you got that in stock?

Deleted member 126886

AKS have sead 3 weeks. If it starts turning into a drama I'll get a refund and see what you can do.
Im after black cooler, black pipes and no logo.
Have you got that in stock?

We should do, are you able to drop me a PM with a link to the one you’ve ordered just so I can check we’re on the same page, and I’ll grab you a price ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Does the Airtec kit fit non-cupra Leons? If not do you have any tips where I could find intercooler kits for my 1m FR. ?

Look for Mk4 golf kits to fit 1.8t. Avoid twinpass. Airtec's kit fit very well but the price reflects it. You can get much cheaper and just as effective if you're not fussy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members