Front Splitters?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
What front splitters fit on a GTI? i need something a bit smaller for summer (well soon) as she will be a bit low, don't wanna lose splitters :p

i heard the classic polo one does, but not 100% sure about that?
any help would be good :)

thanks in advance :)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I would think that the ones that you get on the smaller engined cars would fit, as on a 1.4 you can take that one off and put a gti one on (just like I have done).

Dont know if that is the type you are looking for.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
i do know that a cordy 16v on an R plate`s splitter wont fit as ive tried it. seattoby had a ibiza splitter on a caddy van bumper with minor ajustments so im sure it will work the other way around! the caddy van and polo classic are the same bumper.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
thanks craig and phil :D

yeah i been looking at the polo classic one...
i'm just trying to get an idea of what my options are!
as i am gonna be running on some 15's soon (the people who know what they are ...SHHHH :p wanna surprise lol)
but will have to drop lower to get rid of arch gap :p

but the lowest thing is the front splitter, so trying to see what i can run in the summer?
i might just wreck it, as it is £20 from dealer :p

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
suj i will have a closer look at the cordy splitter and let you know if there is any chance of it being fitted to the ibiza bumper. if it can be done you can have it if you want. will bring it to the pod with me, unless you want it before hand?? you know which one i mean dont you? the one with a vent hole at each end rather than all along the bottom.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
oh i know which'n phil, sorry don't like that one, it splits in half don't it?
i dunno, i think i pictured a more simpler look :confused:

critch4

Ibiza GTi 16v Cupra Sport
Aug 20, 2009
Newcastle
duno if this is guna help cos i think they'll be about the same size but the toledo mk1 splitter fits cos iv got one on mine!

Image0050.jpg

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
thanks for that mate, but sorry i definitely don't like that

don't get me wrong, i really like the original gti splitter, but i don't wanna bin it, if it's too low :(

so i was thinking 1.4/classic polo one, simple but not as low :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
iirc the early mondeo ones were a smooth rubber so a lot more flexible - may be an option cut and shutted ???

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
mine is the 1.4 ibiza/ polo classic one and doesnt scrape at 60mm down at the front.

got any pics vince?

iirc the early mondeo ones were a smooth rubber so a lot more flexible - may be an option cut and shutted ???

hmmm...that is true...but i dunno if i want alot of hassel cutting etc, was looking for more straight fit ones tbh mate :D

I 'think' I've still got the original one from my 1.4 in my parents shed.... in Devon :lol:

Will have a look the next time I'm down there..... might be worth £30 as a 'scene'/retro mod :lol:

haha "scene tax"? i don't even follow the "scene" as such, i am just a "wheel w.hore" and on 15's you gotta have the ride height right or just looks tractor-y

if you got one andy give me a shout pics would be great :D

Strip of black rubber screwed into the bumper........ghetto style! :happy:

lol :p or just run some wood :p hahaha

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
stop being a gone, your going to buy another splitter to run? save that money and buy another gti one to replace after you take the new wheels back off and then run a new one..keep a mashed up one for when running low...the front splitter is one of the coolest things about the ibiza

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
stop being a gone, your going to buy another splitter to run? save that money and buy another gti one to replace after you take the new wheels back off and then run a new one..keep a mashed up one for when running low...the front splitter is one of the coolest things about the ibiza

no i understand that sam, but my one is scrapped etc atm, so was gonna get a new GTI, and when i run the ronals for winter put it on, but wanted to know if there was other vag ones that fit

yeah i agree i love my GTI one, but don't wanna buy a new one then it snaps etc

vngtx

unfortunately i havent got any pictures of my front end, but its for a very good reason :whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members