Front Wiper Spindle (Driver's side)

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Afternoon folks,

Two questions please!

1) Front wipers - driver side - the wiper arm rubs on the underside of the bonet, and has warn a patch into the plastic nut cover and some of the bonet. Visibly it clearly stands out too high.. you can see a fair bit of the spindle shaft compared to passenger side.

I've taken the plastic cover off (from the area where the ECU is housed, inside the engine bay) and can see that the spindle seems to poke through too far, but can't see any adjustment, the wiper arm assembly seems to be bolted to the body work at both sides.

Anybody got any ideas on how to adjust it down? it's always been like this..

2) front windscreen - is it supposed to be bonded in some way to the rubber/plastic which runs across the bottom? Mine isn't.. It touches the glass, but comes away when you press it, although the ECU area seems free of corrosion, at the minute..

CuPRaCaN

Mar 27, 2005
have you had a new screen fitted recently?

undo the nut that holds the arm tothe spindle and see if you can push it on anymore.
the plastic on mine isnt stuck down either, plus water can get through the scuttle panel anyway so wouldnt worry about it.

cheers rich

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
CuPRaCaN said:
have you had a new screen fitted recently?

undo the nut that holds the arm tothe spindle and see if you can push it on anymore.
the plastic on mine isnt stuck down either, plus water can get through the scuttle panel anyway so wouldnt worry about it.

cheers rich

Nope, not had a new screen since I've had it, but I'm actually about to get one sorted this week (2 chips, getting bigger!)

Can't push the arm onto the spindle any more, d'oh. Friday car!

I've moved out from Cowley Road (used to live where the bus garage was, on those new houses) and now live with my girlfriend in Greater Leys. Much quieter! Where are you?

CuPRaCaN

Mar 27, 2005
i used to live on oliver road down the bottom near the dual carriage way now live in cambs.
you could take the wipers then when they re fit them blame them for not fitting.
cheers rich

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.