fuel consumption

itsadubthing

Just a quicky,

what kind of figures are you all getting from your Cupra's not RRRRRRRRRRR.

May just be me but think mine is a bit of an alcho.

its a standard cupra no mods and its doing between 250-280 to a full tank. thats driving it normal I don't have a heavy foot but obviously i do have mad 5's like everyone else.

What do u recon:confused:

scottzedal

How Fast!!!!
Aug 31, 2006
Nantwich, Cheshire
This always gets talked about

190 - 220 miles out of tank, usually 200.

I've never had mpg abouve 23mpg and was this bad before the remap.

I did a 70 mile trip from Llandudno to Crewe and averaged 14.7mpg over the journey.

That was a good journey!!!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i get around 220 -240 out full tank local town missions.
Motoryway get around 310 - 330 mile full tank - 6gear

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
I get approx 280-320 doing mainly stop start journeys, on my own might I add. With wife and little un in the car that improves!! Family in the car is a great cure for a heavy right foot

Tony

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Some of these miles to a tank amaze me.

I know you said not LCR but I get consistently 350-360 miles a tank on A/B road commute, plenty of stop/start. Surely the Cupra should get even better MPG?

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
This always gets talked about

190 - 220 miles out of tank, usually 200.

I've never had mpg abouve 23mpg and was this bad before the remap.

I did a 70 mile trip from Llandudno to Crewe and averaged 14.7mpg over the journey.

That was a good journey!!!

This gets talked about everyother day!
I get around 280miles out of mine

waynejacobs

wayneo
Aug 10, 2006
cambridge
mpg

going to and from work 10miles each way averaging about 50-55mph cos im use the b-roads i get 160miles from 20 quid driving steady

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
Seems my 290 ish per tank (well at least down until the last bar - don't have the guts to run it any lower than that) isn't so bad. 80-90% of my trips are under 5 miles and in traffic/busy A-Road conditions. The others are fun blats that I have occassionally or trips to work for night work and are around 10-20 miles of "quick" driving.

I'm not used to such poor consumption to be honest. I'm only glad it's got a bigger tank than my last car (1.4 Clio with 34ltr tank excluding reserve) so I'm getting around the same total miles out of a tank.

Which reminds me, how big is the reserve in an LC ? Can't be very big as I just managed to get 50ltrs in to what I thought was a 55ltr tank and the indicator was half way between bottom and last bar.

cuprablue

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Seems my 290 ish per tank (well at least down until the last bar - don't have the guts to run it any lower than that) isn't so bad. 80-90% of my trips are under 5 miles and in traffic/busy A-Road conditions. The others are fun blats that I have occassionally or trips to work for night work and are around 10-20 miles of "quick" driving.

I'm not used to such poor consumption to be honest. I'm only glad it's got a bigger tank than my last car (1.4 Clio with 34ltr tank excluding reserve) so I'm getting around the same total miles out of a tank.

Which reminds me, how big is the reserve in an LC ? Can't be very big as I just managed to get 50ltrs in to what I thought was a 55ltr tank and the indicator was half way between bottom and last bar.

cuprablue

Every time I fill up I put in nearly spot on 55 litres - that's letting the reserve light come on and then doing 10-15 more miles. Trip computer reckons there is 0-5 miles left based on driving style at the time.

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
Every time I fill up I put in nearly spot on 55 litres - that's letting the reserve light come on and then doing 10-15 more miles. Trip computer reckons there is 0-5 miles left based on driving style at the time.

So is that warning light an indication that you're now using reserve?

Must say that's very odd as every other vehicle I've ever driven/riden the reserve only starts once you get to the bottom line on the guage.

Spanish logic maybe?

cuprablue

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Just got roughly 350 miles from a tank of 99 RON. That was driving mostly motorways at 80 mph through Holland and Germany and about 60 miles around town.

Rick_67

what sort of mileage do you get with a stage 1 remap? better or worse mpg?