Fuel consumption

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Need help cause im puzzled.
Got 17s put on my fr tdi and far enough the speedo is wee bit off, but the worrying thing is the fuel consumption has went way way down. Before i was hitting around the 40 mpg mark taking it easy and now im lucky to get into the 30s.

Anyone else have the same problem???

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
christ 30's taking it easy on a tdi fr thats not right and changing alloy size wont make too much diffrence but you should be looking at 45+ mpg wjen i went for a spin in ad lavs motor he gave it some for half the little trip and it was showing average 45mpg!

any ideas dev guys! :confused:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
thats terible thats nearly as bad as my modded 1.8 t !!!! mine drops to 6mpg on the current mpg :p something aint right there mate is it remapped

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Thing i'm worried about is when the garage stuck the wheels on, the car wouldnt move cause wolfrace sent the wrong spacers for the front and they werent wide enough to clear the brake callipers and the brakes where jammed closed by the wheel pushed against them. If that makes any sense

At the mo after they changed the spacers to bigger ones i've about 1mm clearance at the brake calliper

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Think theres 5mm on at the mo and i bought another set of 5 mm ones yesterday.
Wud i be ok stickin the 2 5mm ones together??

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ooooooohhhhhhhhh i wouldnt then as with floating spacers you will never get them dead central and the balancing is thrown out and you will get a wobbling sterring wheel at higher speeds id take the other 5mm spacers back that you bought and sell the other 5mm onse you have on their and go and buy some hubcentric 1'sas balancing is garanteed and not going to cease onto your hubs ect longet bolts might not be needed with 10mm spacers but look into it

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Really dont have a clue wot to do. Thinkin bout firing the wheels back from where i bought them cause they've obviously sent the wrong offset, but they look too nice. but my heads really hurt thinkin why my fuel consumption and powers dropped a bit

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
get the proper spacers and dig in your pocket dont go cheep! but as for the fuel consumption is the car remapped??? using diffrent fuel does itfeel lumpy could be an injector fault

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Na not remapped yet.

Woz goin to get the hubcentric ones for the back to push the wheels out wider. But cant get anything else till end of the month. Fkin monthly pay!!! [:@]

Do ya think it wud be alrite stick the 2 5mm together in the meantime just till the end of the month to see if it cures the poor consumption??

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i wouldnt as it will throw the ballancing way out and will be dangerous and im certain this isnt the cause of your terriblempg readings the bigger wheels will obviously effect the mpg reader but not this much and it willalso make the car feel slower but not noticably! id take the car to the stealers while its standard ish and get them to check out the consumption could be a faulty injector or something but over the internet its hard to diagnose a problem like this?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it could easily justbe this! wait til this week goes past and seeif you need to fill up any more than you usually do on your normal routine if not then its just the wheels throwing your tripcomputer out :thumbup:

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Fingers crossed that it is just that.
But think i need to do a bit of "comparison driving" to make sure the powers still there. :drive1: lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.