Fuel Filter PD150...

Calyx

Well changed my fuel filter this morning. Clamped the lines, removed them, filled new filter with diesel and changd the o rings on the black thing on the other lines. Put new filter in, put lines on and unclamped. Cranked engine and now it leaks :/.

WTF? Lol any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Calyx

No mate they went on really easy. Its strange because the filter is exactly the same as the old one. However i put the old one back on to see if it made any difference and sure enough with the old one back on it doesnt leak :|!

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I have heard of them being dodgy, but only once or twice.

Worst case, put the old filter on and take it to DxxX and tell them it's leaking. If they give you any crap then invite them outside to watch you change it for the new one and see the leak. That should convince them. Although to be fair they've always returned anything I bought from them (for a number of reasons) with no hassle.

Might also be an idea to get one from David next week, swap it for that and take the other back and get a refund. I'd speak to them on the phone though before you go stomping in armed with a second hand filter.

Not sure what else to suggest. Summat's wrong somewhere.

Calyx

Well upon putting everything back together with the old filter it now doesnt leak. However ive now acquired a loud ticking/tappety noise coming from what sounds like the left hand side of the engine :| Argh haa. Ive lost the will to do anything with it today so its parked up :). Ill get onto DMFX on monday and see what they say.

Cheers.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Use a long handled screwdriver and put it to your ear, then put the other end to various parts of the engine (not the moving bits, obviously!) and see if you can locate where the noise is coming from.

Calyx

Not really an update lol. But it turns out the filter was faulty so that has been replaced now however i havent had time to fit the new one yet so that too may well be faulty from a batch.

The noise has since either cured itself or it was my mind playing tricks on me all along :|.

Can i ask what software your using for your map btw :)

Thanks.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
:shrug:um:blink: im not sure i bought the car none the wiser , she hadnt done nothing to it , but when in for a faulty wheel sensor , the techy test drove it and said wow this is faster than standard what had she done ? she was like nothing , so he told her to go to regal autosport for a rolling road , when she did it was 185 bhp sinse ive tinkered with a new air filter and milltek its just shy of 200 :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.