Fuel Guage and Climate Temperature not working

sacho

May 21, 2009
I have an IBIZA 2002 130 TDI SPORT a few months ago my low coolant warning buzzer started playing up and light has been going off.This happens even when the car is cold.
Today my fuel gauge worked when it wanted to and then dropped to empty. The outside temp stopped reading on the climate control and the dash.The car has got half a tank of fuel in it. I had it checked at the local garage and its showing on faults.

Last edited:

tony_tigger

have a search lots on this! dash issues!!! search on here for dash or search for Audi A3 sport dash problems...

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
i have the same problems mate. will sort it soon with either a cliff or some petrol and matches!

tony_tigger

no... Did mine took 30 mins if that... al good! want a hand?

Priezti

Auto-Electrical Monkey!
Feb 11, 2009
Doncaster
i might need to throw more solder on mine, did you do both connectors or just one? is it the green one that makes the difference? thanks for your help btw

tony_tigger

ermm one of the plugs is the ecu setup so i left it well alone... is the green one i resoldered like mad!

Edward9th

Jul 22, 2009
Dorset
Can I pick some of the same brains, please?
I had my dash panel almost out, but couldn't figure out how the 8 pin connector is locked in. Managed the 32pin no problem, but the 8pin has no 'swing-over' locking arrangement, and I didn't like to force it. Fortunately, I managed without on that occasion (fuel gauge problem), but it would be nice to know for future ref.
Any help much appreciated!

sacho

May 21, 2009
took the instrument panel out. took the cover of the back. took out the curcit board with the dials. put some paper between the dials and the boatd on the side of the green plug so that i could get to all the solders. reheated all one by one adding a tiny blob of solder. rebuilt instrument panel.
its been 2 weeks and no problems

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.