Full service at a garage. How do you rate their value?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
I'm about to have the car serviced, then MOT'd, then cam belt and water pump, as all required just about now!! 58000 mile. Great timing!
So ive been pricing up, and the MOT's at £45, and the service is £120 - £140, and the cam belt kit (inc tensioner/rollers) and water pump, £200 fitted. Thats all plus VAT, and me supplying the water pump (metal impeller).
Ive got no real issues with the belt price or MOT, but when it comes to the service, I can't help but feel its a lot to pay, for somebody to check a few fluid levels and tyre pressures, and that my lights are working, which are pretty much checked already. Okay, oil and filter, yes, fuel filter, yes, don't need air filter as already done. Pollen filter yes. It was a case of "spark plugs if they need replacing", which i assume will be the bit that jumps the price to 140 + vat!
Whats your views on the price, and the value in general? Is there something that maybe wasn't mentioned that gets done that i should be taking into account? I just cant see why bill is that much.
Also, I take it a full service warrants the book being stamped. Is that correct?
Somebody reassure me they are worth it, pleassssse!!

oldskool

its a good price for cambelt n water pump. service may be a little high however offet that against the cambelt etc and its not too bad

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
its a good price for cambelt n water pump. service may be a little high however offet that against the cambelt etc and its not too bad

I suppose rounding it off helps things. I think I need to have a chat with garage, to see if we can tone that figure down a little.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.