G60 Mk2 Golf, Project

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
Had a thread a while ago but its long gone, heres a few pics of my Golf Gti turning into a, G60. Last pics were taken last monday so they are as it is now.

DSC00098.jpg

DSCF0153.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

All done my self so its taken some time, only really get the odd sunday to do bits, and a few parts have been diffucult/expensive to get hold off, but its about 90% complete now.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
looks good mate

a bloek at work has doen this to his mk2 golf gti aswell...sounds the bollocks!!

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
the stage 4 charger and chipped Ecu should see somewhere around 185, then im hoping the 4 branch manifold will give me some. i think if i want to see 200bhp which i would, id probably have to put a mild cam in there.

from what i can tell from other forums ect, head work and a cam will get you to around 215-220bhp with the mods i already have. ill have to get it on the rollers when its done. but to be honest im not after all out power/speed i could of bought a jap turbo'd car for that, i just love old Vw's and Mk2s.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Nice work, it should be quite handy with ~200bhp.

Pondering a project car for when I leave uni in the summer, a mk2 is quite appealing!

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
i miss my golf rallye, she was 220bhp but felt oh so slow weighing as much as the titanic and being 4x4 spoilt all my fun! the sound was immence and made a loud whooosh on de throttle! looked the nuts too! i'll post a couple of pics if anyone is interested when i get home, can't view pics at all at work!:cry:

ah also i have a vernier pulley i'm sure you could have on the cheap when i dig it out if you are interested?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
a proper hot hatch. It's nice to see a few of these getting some decent treatment as they get a bit older.

What's the standard output on one of these with a standard G-Lader?

A mate of mine has put a 3.2VR6 with a Rotrex supercharger in one of these with a Motec ECU and is running stupid horsepower. It's absolutely fantastic.

THese cars will always hold a very fond place near the top of my favourite cars of all time list.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
steal my show lol...

for some reason the shape/look of the rallye never did it for me, too many straight lines like the wings and headlamps.
standard bhp is 158bhp i think, the car only wieghs a tonne near enough. so if i could get around 200bhp thats 200bhp per tonne. a civic type R has 164bhp per tonne.

obviously ill have to wait and see how this all happens but on paper at least i stand in good sted.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.