Gear changing under boost and revers

savvaras124

Seat ibiza 6L 1.4 bbz (1.8t soon)
Sep 28, 2017
Greece
Ok so I've been having 2 issues with my 1.8t 20v transmission on my ibiza. First is when the car is making boost when i shift sometimes from second to third gear it grinds the gears a bit before it engages, same thing with forth gear. I recently did a shifter realignment yoy know when you lock the shifter on the trans and cabin and you reset the linkages. Is there a chance i did something wrong. The grinding was there from when i bought the car can i do something or the trans is ******? Note i installed billet shifter cable bushing and billet shifter base Bushings. Second problem is when i pus down the knob to engagge reverse, the reverse comes back up while reverse is still enged. Car goes in normally and backs up bo problem but the popping up is really annoying

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Definitely sounds like you've got some issues with the linkage, try doing the alignment again.

Might also be worth looking at the engine and transmission mounts, if they're worn it will flop about and make engaging gears a problem.

savvaras124

Seat ibiza 6L 1.4 bbz (1.8t soon)
Sep 28, 2017
Greece
Mounts are brand new vibratechniks, I'll try an alignment again. I also have a complete shifter linkage unit from my previous 1.4 16v als 5 speed, should i install it see if it makes any difference on the car or does the 1.4 and 1.8 shifters have differences?

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise