Gearbox Oil (Dealer Call)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi, Has anyone else had a dealer call regarding the gearbox oil in their car?
I had a call today, They said it was a recall because of "Known problems" but they wouldnt answer further.

They said it was an official recall and that mine needed replacing,
I have an 07 Cupra 20VT for referance, Anyone else having the same problem?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Mine was supposed to be getting replaced but my gearbox was shagged and got replaced under warranty so they changed this at the same time, they never told me why it needed to be changed though.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
No idea fella,
What was your cupra gearbox doing, What was the early signs of failure. If mine show that I'm going to kick up a fuss as mine hasnt been mine since it was new. Its had 4 owners.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I think it might actually just be the Cupra's to be honest? I'm suprised I'm the only one thats had a call!
I've messaged a mate who works for the Seat Garage, Hopefully he can shed some light.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
there was a thread before with someone with an FR so its not just cupra. its a chassis break recal so if your cars in the dates it gets done.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Cheers, Whats a chassis break recall?

its when they recall cars that were built between chassis numbers. for example chassis number 100-500 are recalled for the work but anything before or after do not. its normally when then build line changes supplier of a product/product or when the manifacture wants to r&d a new product/part. we have these recall with BMW all the time. if that makes sence :)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Got the message today to say its not damaging to the car really its just to help with clunky gear changes on cold starts.

Thankfully I dont really ever do cold starts I normally leave it 5-10 minutes on the drive before driving.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
No idea fella,
What was your cupra gearbox doing, What was the early signs of failure. If mine show that I'm going to kick up a fuss as mine hasnt been mine since it was new. Its had 4 owners.

4 owners on an 07 plate?! :blink: I hope theres no underlying reason why people kept getting rid of it :confused:

i got a letter through the post the other day saying your car has an outstanding campaign that need to be checked for possible repair and to contact them.
i phoned them and they said they want to check my gearbox oil as its possible the wrong oil was used and it can make it clunky.
so i will see what the outcome is when i visit them in the week.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
when my car was in for an MOT at the seat garage they said they needed to re-seal the gearbox? I was not charged anything for it, not sure if it has anything to do with this though as i was under warranty at the time. My gear changes are quite clunky just now for some reason, becoming a bit concerned that it might be a problem?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.