Getting the LCR CD changer to work with an Alpine HU

Anders0n

Is it possible? I fitted my Alpine Head Unit yesterday but the connection coming from the CD Changer and the one on my HU are different.

Is there an adaptor I can buy anywhere or am I going to have to buy a new changer?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Thats a bit pants :(

I know you can fit a Alpine changer to standard leon head unit with a interface, shame you can't do it other way.

Anders0n

Cheers fellas, I don't really play CD's anyway so I'll just leave it, just thought it would be good to get the thing linked up

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Why not fit an Alpine changer? If you cut down the Alpine brackets, and then fit them facing forwards rather than backwards the Alpine fits perfectly, then you just trim a small lip off the inside edge of the trim peice and it looks like it was there from the factory :)

Pete

KupraKid

Dec 13, 2008
Ramsgate, Kent
...had the same problem few months ago, got myself an Alpine headunit and speakers all round, but was told hooking this up to the multichanger was not possible, right bugger.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Why not fit an Alpine changer? If you cut down the Alpine brackets, and then fit them facing forwards rather than backwards the Alpine fits perfectly, then you just trim a small lip off the inside edge of the trim peice and it looks like it was there from the factory :)

Pete

Ahh, good tip there Pete! I thought the Leon glovebox hole for the changer was too small for Alpine units :)

Anders0n

Pete

Good idea fella, I'll look into it

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Ahh, good tip there Pete! I thought the Leon glovebox hole for the changer was too small for Alpine units :)

Nope the 6 disc one fits no problem. Remembering back I think there may have been 1mm needed to be trimmed off somewhere round the edge but it's a long time ago now. The only hassle is trimming the alpine brackets down to the right size, a bit of trial and error needed but it's easy to do.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise