GFB DV+ for 1.8TSI engine CJSA code

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
Just a thread for the reference of others really.
Recently had an APR stage 1 remap done and was suffering from a flute/whistling sound under hard acceleration. After some research there is a lot of info about this sound on mk6 golf gti forums etc. Not exactly the same engine, but they do share a common part- a revision C diverter valve. Many members were stating that the addition of a GFB DV+ was reducing/eliminating the sound, so I had a look.

Most stockists recommend the GFB-T9359 for EA888 gen3 engines:

2jevac0.jpg

This has a unique design due to clearance issues between the diverter valve solenoid and the intake piping. HOWEVER - this issue only seems to be a problem on Cupras and Golf R's etc due to the bigger turbo!- and so the alternative model GFB-T9351 will actually fit.

2zxtp2s.jpg

It's also about £50 cheaper to buy!

Here it is fitted to my car with, as you can see, plenty of clearance :

71igw2.jpg

The noise I was experiencing unfortunately isn't completely gone, but it is dramatically reduced to the point where I have to actively listen for it now.
The car also generally handles boost better than the stock part, no increases in power just reduced turbo lag and hopefully holding more boost than the plastic piston based factory part.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.