GIAC stages for leon cupra mk2

2crazy

could someone please explain to me what stages giac have for the cupra. what mods are needed for each stage? i know revo has stage 1; 2 and 2+ but i cannot seem to find stages for giac....

torquesteer

could someone please explain to me what stages giac have for the cupra. what mods are needed for each stage? i know revo has stage 1; 2 and 2+ but i cannot seem to find stages for giac....

giac stage 1: ECU upgrade only 95-98 RON tolerant, with stock peripherals very smooth power upgrade 300+ BHP 40+ Nm torque.

giac stage 1 extreme: 98 + ECU upgrade coupled with full exhaust and air intake +15 BHP & 3-5 Nm of torque...

above stages' ECU file can be altered on demand for upgraded fuel pumps (APR...etc) ie stage 2 (revo eq.)

each map coupled with OBD controller with stock/pump/race fuel mode (108+) for on the fly-change

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I thought it went:

gaic remap

gaic hammer map

gaic extreme map

tbh I don't know much about gaic but I know of 2 on here that do which prob be along to help.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
I thought it went:

gaic remap

gaic hammer map

gaic extreme map

tbh I don't know much about gaic but I know of 2 on here that do which prob be along to help.

as above ~
remap file is 305bhp (filter optional)
race file 330bhp ( intake, zorst, cooler )
hammer file 360bhp ( HPFP )

extreme file ( rs4 valve, 3" full intake ) has just been released and no figures have been confirmed but the 2 guys i know that have it are running 380ish bhp.. I will be able to give a better response on this map next week as it is being installed along with a few other things!!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
it is being installed along with a few other things!!!

I still like the sound of the sneaky removal of the part we spoke about earlier. I am sure that will help things and I will need to know how to go about doing it myself ;)

To the OP, I was in the 2 extreme plus file cars, and they are rapid.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i will give him a shout on thursday and see what he says about it allen but i think it will be a very straight forward job, but should be a good mini mod...

put my name down for the crail thing in june but i am not 100% yet... be a good day though

extreme + map is fooking amazing, cant wait.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
off topic - but does anyone know of anywhere that does the GIAC remap around the north west ?? iv looked on the website but couldnt find anything !!

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
No, just full of a load of other stuff, like magride etc. All takes up space so it can only take one map. Hence thinking maybe only bluefin and leaving it at that. It can't hold different programs so not much point having REVO switch or APR.

2crazy

thanks for all the help. owen lcr i think u have simplified it best. i have a couple of questions though.....

1. do i need the complete TBE to run the race and hammer map or will the the downpipe/decat be sufficient?

2. i had my eyes set on the forge twintake but eventually i'll be running the extreme file . doing some research on this shows only the vf intake will work as the map was developed for this intake. if i were to run the forge twintake would i be able to achieve the same results of that of the vf intake?

3. if people are claiming to run 380+ bhp on the extreme file, does this mean one could push the car close to 400bhp with water meth.

just trying learn as much as possible...thanks again!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
thanks for all the help. owen lcr i think u have simplified it best. i have a couple of questions though.....

1. do i need the complete TBE to run the race and hammer map or will the the downpipe/decat be sufficient?

2. i had my eyes set on the forge twintake but eventually i'll be running the extreme file . doing some research on this shows only the vf intake will work as the map was developed for this intake. if i were to run the forge twintake would i be able to achieve the same results of that of the vf intake?

3. if people are claiming to run 380+ bhp on the extreme file, does this mean one could push the car close to 400bhp with water meth.

just trying learn as much as possible...thanks again!

1) Yes, although I know someone running with a standard exhaust, but he isnt getting the best out the car.
2) VF Intake is the recommended intake, same as ITG is recommended by Revo, but other 3" intakes will work, as long as it is a true 3" intake. Not sure that the Forge is 3" at the point where the MAF sits.
3) Who knows. For what its worth, I have seen a GIAC Extreme Plius car dyno plot, and a Revo Stage 2+ dyno plot, both on Ed30's on the same r/r on the same day. Both very very very similar with regard to numbers and the plot itself. Cant see 400bhp from the standard turbo myself unless you run on Motoscopes dyno :cheeky:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Faster than a Revo stage2+? Is the power delivered the same?

Dunno, but I think they may well be a bit quicker, yeah - certainly more urgent/aggressive.

Thing with this extreme GIAC code is that it is deploying some serious fuel rail pressure, over 150 Bar vs 132 Bar on Revo which will be more taxing on the fuel pump, cam follower and intake camshaft.

My cam follower has been replaced 5 times now, and each time the old follower has been in perfect shape. The same cant be said for the 2 GIAC cars although they ran Autotech while mine is KMD.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
3) Who knows. For what its worth, I have seen a GIAC Extreme Plius car dyno plot, and a Revo Stage 2+ dyno plot, both on Ed30's on the same r/r on the same day. Both very very very similar with regard to numbers and the plot itself. Cant see 400bhp from the standard turbo myself unless you run on Motoscopes dyno :cheeky:

Yeah, yeah. :D

But on the 400 bhp from std turbo.... Don't forget wmi = power from advanced timing. Advanced timing does not mean increased airflow.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yeah, yeah. :D

But on the 400 bhp from std turbo.... Don't forget wmi = power from advanced timing. Advanced timing does not mean increased airflow.

Yeah I know. It would be interesting to see what happens when someone does do it on a MK2 Leon. I wont be the first to do it, but Owen might be :whistle:

His car is going to end up quicker than mine by the end of this week ;)

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
VF was highly recommended to me as it is a true 3" all the way to the turbo unlike all other intakes i look at. myself and allen popped into a mates place on the way home with allens car and he had a forge twintake on his which he said was a "true 3", if thats is the case im sure that would be a cracking but of
kit due to have 2 intakes in one. personnally i am not a fan of forge stuff so thats why i opted for the VF as it looks superb, and sounds identical to the evoms which i like alot...

hopefully Allen will get a couple of vids up of his Dyson Turbo/ DOO intake, as it really does sound agressive

the only let down for GIAC is the fact you cant fiddle with the setting on it!, so if you get WMI with GIAC you wont be able to advance the timing alone to get more bhp, but with revo or APR you could add on 6-9 degrees timing and see 20-30bhp increase...

im sure it will be possible to see 400bhp from my car but to get that last 20BHP for me i would need to spend a couple of thousand for the likes of cams, wmi, port polish, skim head. i cant see anyone doing this as it would be more viable just to add internals and turbo for an extra thousand and get up to 450-500bhp

Revo on the other hand may just need to add WMI and add timing and see 400bhp.

my point is every map has beefits over the next but its just what suits you... choose wisely mate

anyway i hope i havent bored you

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.