God damm you SEAT!!!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
I thought these fuc*in SEATs are suppose to be german quality & well built! Well i got a sh*t one big time!!!![:@] :censored:

Painted the calipers today all good untill i TRIED to stick the cover bits on the skirts (where the jackin points are).
will they go back on? will they fu*k!
GOD DAMM YOU SEAT GOD DAMM YOU!!!!!!
[:@] [:@] :censored: :censored: :censored: [:@] [:@]

im just goin in the corner to cry now :cry:

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Frankly its a bar-steward to do and its been covered various times, many people have different ways to re-attach them.
Mine is to clean both the teathered end (the cover) and the skirt. Put the top part in nearest the door, then push like a mofo till it goes in. Others use a small long screwdriver to keep the clip open on the skirt side and pop it in that way.

Big_Grin

covers

The same happened to me ! there is a way of doing it but trying to explain on here is another thing lol
If u get a screw driver underneath between the chassi and skirt near your jacking point this will make a gap then give the jacking cover a clout upwards it should clip into place.

Hope this helps and makes sence !! :lol:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Cheers guys will give it a go tomorrow and if it dont work i will kick the sh*t out the car.
Wont fix it but will make me feel sooooo much better!!!

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Read my old post! I had 5 people at the dealership I got my car from having a go... no luck at all!!!!

Went to my trusty old dealer...bang, 10 seconds all done! All you need is a RUBBER headed mallet from the pound shop, one tap and bingo, all sorted! And I know it works cos I see the man do it!

Be the best quid you spend!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Read my old post! I had 5 people at the dealership I got my car from having a go... no luck at all!!!!

Went to my trusty old dealer...bang, 10 seconds all done! All you need is a RUBBER headed mallet from the pound shop, one tap and bingo, all sorted! And I know it works cos I see the man do it!

Be the best quid you spend!

So the top bit in first then a good wack to get the bottom bit in?

mxcupra

Brings back memories of my old 20vt...hours of frustration, blood, sweat, tears trying to put the bloody things back on......Local tyre company staff all tried and failed miserably.....down to the dealers with them dangling on the floor, people at traffic lights point saying "you know you've got plastic bits falling off your car" "No really, i thought they enhanced performance[:@] "

the dealer says "no prob"...... 2 mechanics and 30 minutes later still not fixed.....car up on to ramp...big rubber mallet bassshhh basssshhh and all fixed.

Yes you will need to whack it either with your hand or pref a bloody big mallet, some people claim to fix these back by hand with no effort whatsoever...they are lying and are only trying to make you feel inadequate. It took them ages to get them back on.

paul26982

lol its like groundhog day, i had the same problem i got that pissed off i drove to seat with 2 hanging down and told them too put them on

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT
i had my front tyres changed, pulled up at the traffic lights and found the seat parts van next to me peeping and pointing to my jacking points!!!! b*tch the passenger side one had come off and dragged along the floor!!!!! i pulled over and could i hell get it on!!! so i ripped it off completely and screwed the little buggers on when i got home!!!!!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
All done guys i have found they way forward!!

What you do is you get the top bit in (the bit next to the door) then you stick the bottom clips in... then you stick your football boots on and wack!!! (without goin over the to as you dont want to end up in A&E or with broken skirts!)
Next time try it guys it works!! :funk:

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
if in doubt, give it a clout....

get it lined up into the right place, and give it a good whack with your palm, it will click in.

dont cry about it lad..... jeeeez....

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I just this morning ran over a twig/small branch and thought nothing of it.
Pulls into the petrol station 2 miles down the road. Give the car a quick once over and ffs my drivers jacking point cover had came off. Would this f*ck go back on. Ended up buying electrician tape for 99p and bodging it on till I got to work 20 miles away. lol it lasted until the last mile when I could hear it on the floor again. Why is that damn cord so long it should tuck up on a clip then at least if it comes loose then It'd not be dragging on the floor.

Anyway quick read on here just now (thanks guys/gals) back down to the car.
Top section in first and hard whack with palm of hand to the bottom and bang!, in first time :)

They are tw*ts though :cartman: and now I have a bit of paint to touch up on the cover :(

SmiffyLCR

EBONY BLACK LCR
Apr 21, 2005
Grimsby
This is the best and easiest way to do it.

Take the whole side skirt off, then clip the jacking point on with no problems at all.

Save swearing, cursing, scrapes, scratches and bloody knuckles ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members