Going From A Remapped MK2 TDI FR To A MK2 Cupra Standard & Possibly Mapped Cupra?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
I currently have a Seat Leon TDI FR Mk2 remapped with 220bhp and 340lbs or torque. Just over 3 years old on a 56 plate with all the goodies 18" alloys. Sat Nav display, ipod connection, full bluetooth etc. 26k miles

I was wondering how much would you think my car is worth. I have seen my car without the gooides going for 12k plus with the same mileage as mine.

Now am thinking about changing to a mk2 cupra. Has anybody jumped from a TDI FR to a Cupra before tell me there expierences?

Any any other people also. I doubt I will not be to excited driving a standard cupra when I already got a remapped TDI FR. So I would deffo be going the remap route I think. What power outputs will a remap give me? And what are the 0-60 times roughly?

I will probabaly be looking for a 07 plate cupra with less then 30k miles on there.

Looked at insurance prices and for some reason it will cost me the same to insure. I know the tax is roughly higher. How much fuel will you get out the tank on a cupra? most of the time my driving is just to work and back cruising on motorway 60 to 80mph. I know the mpg will be less but I reckon I could spare an extra 10-15 pound a week on fuel. I do about 250 miles a week.

Just let me know what you guys think will it be worth the change?

Poverty

0-60 on a cupra isnt whats important. Its what happens after 30mph on a mapped one thats impressive.

Oh and its deffo worth the change ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Well come on tell me about it. Am use to the power now in my mapped mk2 TDI FR.

I want to know will one of these impress me even more?

Does a remapped cupra keep the power on the road, no wheel bounce etc?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Well come on tell me about it. Am use to the power now in my mapped mk2 TDI FR.

I want to know will one of these impress me even more?

Does a remapped cupra keep the power on the road, no wheel bounce etc?

depends on the weather conditions.
you will have to drive the car very differently to the way you drive now , it will be a light and day difference especailly if you got for stage 2+ on a cupra , how does 4th gear wheel spin grab you?

the cupra will be smoother (my girlfreind has an FR DIESEL) , and you can rev higher and for longer , its pointless really talking about a mapped car v yours , will depend on what power delivery you want a bang like revo or more linear like custom code?
any way the cupra will put a big smile on your face and thats what counts , just dont buy a lemon .

croftyboy_8

slightly off topic (you can delete once answered) what remap/mods do you have on your TDI to get to 230bhp?

i have the tdi fr and looking to get similar gains soon

cheers

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Just think there is one here pretty low mileage in red which I like for 12660.

http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/used-cars/linkpage.html

For some reason it says 13190 but its 500 less on autotrader.

This is coming off the seat website so should of been looked after?

Red are the best! Seriously though a stage 1 remap will take it to 300 bhp, with a few other mods over 350 bhp, revving through the gears for longer, a total different drive to a diesel, it will cost a fair bit more in fuel though, less than 300 miles to a tank at the current petrol prices, all smiling miles tho!!

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Ouch so me doing 250-300 miles a week meaning filling up once a week at about 55 pounds a time?

Then again I am doing mainly motorway miles and crusing in rush hour traiff at 60mph.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Ouch so me doing 250-300 miles a week meaning filling up once a week at about 55 pounds a time?

Then again I am doing mainly motorway miles and crusing in rush hour traiff at 60mph.

SEAT claim 34 mpg but there ain't much chance of that, I get around 26-27 mpg combined using A roads, dual carrageways and country lanes (not much motorway miles).

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
If your thinking of taking it to stage 2+ you should be getting around 26 - 27mpg. I can get 34- 35mpg out of mine when on a steady motorway run. You know you want it:p

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Well most of my drive is motorway work and back about 60mph on motorway will I get anywhere near 40mpg? In my mapped fr I can get just over 50mpg at 60mph.

Does stage 2 cost a lot of money?

Was looking at stage 1? But what's the difference in prices and power gains between 1 and 2?

wattwatt

SEAT claim 34 mpg but there ain't much chance of that, I get around 26-27 mpg combined using A roads, dual carrageways and country lanes (not much motorway miles).

:blink: 26-27mpg wish i was getting that maybe im too heavy footed i'm getting 22-24 in mine but it still gives me a smile every time i drive her still running standard (revo remap comin soon:D)...

The difference is massive between the FR and Cupra a friend of mine has the FR and its fun but the cupra gives me much more pleasure and side by side i can pull away from him in pretty much every gear!!

Poverty

Well most of my drive is motorway work and back about 60mph on motorway will I get anywhere near 40mpg? In my mapped fr I can get just over 50mpg at 60mph.

Was looking at stage 1? But what's the difference in prices and power gains between 1 and 2?

Stage 1 is great, and stage 2 plus is like stage 1 doubled imo. No idea what stage 2 feels like as I skipped it.

You can get 40mpg on the motorway if you stick to 60 and you dial down your settings once your car has been mapped ;)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire

Stage 2 costs around £1500 and you'll see around 320-330bhp

remap - £500
exhaust TB - £800-1000
intake - £150-£320

You dont really need an intake for stage 2 but i put it their anyway, me personally would save the intake until i had a hpfp and go straight for stage 2+.

There isnt really any comparison between the above and a derv Fr as loads more power but very similar tourque (350 ftlbs) but for longer in the rev range.

Last edited: