st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
2 bits of news today:

1. By replacing the coilpack that went, I think the flat-spot has gone when under boost! Not sure if this is possible but it seems to have gone. Did some 3rd gear pulls on the way home today. :shrug:

yes it is possible as when coils start to break down they can cause a weaker spark and there for a flat spot:)

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Shame it hasn't sold! If I had the money and could afford to run 2 cars I'd snap it up. Love what you've done to it!

But can see why it may not have sold. I guess people are put off by modified cars as they think they'll have been thrashed all the time or abused etc. :shrug:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Shame it hasn't sold! If I had the money and could afford to run 2 cars I'd snap it up. Love what you've done to it!

But can see why it may not have sold. I guess people are put off by modified cars as they think they'll have been thrashed all the time or abused etc. :shrug:

:lol: Cheers pal. I thought someone on SCN would have it though! Much rather it went to an enthusiast who would take it a stage further than just P/X at a garage.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah, if I'm ever in the position to buy a cupra/fr I'll definitely be getting it from an SCN member, especially if they've a detailed RR thread.

P.S. Shame about Arsenal! Brilliant match though.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Going back to near-standard

Staring to take bits off the Ibiza and getting it as-near-to-standard as I can for this swap deal I'm working on! :)

Last night I removed the open cone and refitted the airbox and filter. Switched the DV to the right way round. Removed the HIDs and sidelights and replaced with standard bulbs (the headlights are crap now!)

Tonight I am removing boost gauge, wind deflectors, all stickers, toy-eye toy and rear light cluster! Reversing the N279 bypass too.

Saturday AM its the rear ARB and spacers coming off. That will be it then! :(

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise