Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Shame your looking at selling up Mike, but I can see why with your anual milage..

What sort of budget you looking at?

Passat would be a good choice with you having the little nipper.

What about a 1.4TSI mk5 Golf? The Mrs averages circa 45+mpg in her's..

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Shame your looking at selling up Mike, but I can see why with your anual milage..

What sort of budget you looking at?

Passat would be a good choice with you having the little nipper.

What about a 1.4TSI mk5 Golf? The Mrs averages circa 45+mpg in her's..

Not much of a budget TBH, about £5k at the moment. Will have to see what I can get for mine! Do you think sell as it is or take bits off Damo?

its probally a wise move its getting quite exspnsive keeping a 20vt now i think i do about 9k a year and find the price of fuel etc now is a joke.

:yes: Hopefully someone will want to buy. Should be OK if they only do small mileage! I can get OK MPG but it means driving like a granny everywhere and that's not why I got the car and did the mods....

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
joining the darkside then

:lol: Looks like it! We do have a diesel Focus already, so not unfamiliar with dirty diesel!

I went the opposite way and dont look back! I do more miles than that too, you just gotta drive a little bit more sensibly when commuting and save the foot down for the weekend :D

:( I have done it for 3yrs now, just thinking about the next 3yrs....

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Last two tanks ive had 310-330 by the fuel light coming on :D the big diesel vag cars normally have a 65-70 litre fuel tank compared to our 45 so should hope they do manage 6-700 miles a tank! Did used to get another 150 odd miles a tank out the old white one mind :( sound of the 20vt's makes up for it though!

Nice diesel leon would be a good shout, especially as you have a littleun. My mate whos a jap crap lover has just got one as he needed something good on fuel and i actually really like it

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I sympathise with you Mike, I can see why you want/need to change. Looking on the bright side though, you seem to have enjoyed ownership of the Ibiza. You've had it a few years now, and as you say with the mileage you do and having a little'un etc, perhaps now is the right time to move on.

Personally if I were you and had a £5k budget... I'd go for an Audi A4 (B6) or A6 (C5) 1.9 TDI PD130. Maybe a 2.5 TDI V6 if you don't mind the extra cost of servicing etc that the V6 requires over the 4 pot. A4 1.9 TDI can be had as a Quattro, the A6 can't though. 600 miles can be had out of the tank of an A6 1.9 TDI if driven sensibly.

As for selling yours, I would assume you're not in a rush... I'd list it for sale as it is on here, PH and the like. If you get next to no interest then I'd consider returning it to standard.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Apologies for making a mess of this page Mike :( as said, I'm not usually a vulture!

Anyways, it's a shame your considering the future of the Ibiza but all good things must come to an end at some point. Definitely try to stick with VAG though :D although if a great deal on a BMW turns up I'm sure you'd consider it lol :p

Good luck with your future car whatever it might be, the Ibiza served you well I'm sure :) more doors and a TDi lump never hurt anyone did they? :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.