Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Looking at the spec on these 530D's its not surprising:

0-62 - 6.9 secs
235 Bhp
500NM torque

Impressive.

My standard Leon 150PD gave it a run for its money, but tbh that's being kind to her.

What I did like about the Beemer was no soot at all! - I assume it had fancy filters and everything.

All in all, can't wait for the SACHS clutch next next and Will's wizardary on a stage 2 remap a week Thursday. :D

Hopefully Mr Leon will then keep up with Mr 530D. Maybe better him - who knows (Neuspeed ARB's fitted net week also)

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I have to say that's the only car at the moment that would tempt me away from the Leon - if prices come down to something sensible then it's a serious consideration - automatic too please ..... rolling nicely into middle age :cartman:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Although these types of cars are awesome, it will be the satisfaction that I may keep up with a bog standard 535D (or at least not get my ass handed to me on a plate) that makes me feel :) :) :) - I also think doing that in a fairly modest 5 door hatch that's not "supposed" to keep up with a 535D that also helps.

RWD also favours them, so I think I would have no chance in a drag race - but would favour keeping up OK with a 535D in the 60mph+ range.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Not a chance mate!!! They remap to around 270-280!!!

I would assume that most of these are standard form on the road as many are company cars.

Would an employer allow a remap as part of a company car deal?

Anyway would Mr Leon P150 stage 2 remap give one of these in standard form a run for its money? I think so as I was not too far behind him - we live in hope.

Any notable successful slays of big BM diesels out there?

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Police 530d vs Jabba'd PD150 Golf = 3pts & £60 fine :cry:

You were lucky? Not exactly difficult to do 90 in a 60 - look at Mr Policeman Meredith Jones - and he weren't even playing.:ban:

Incidentally, what stage remap was your Golf as I'll take Mr Jabba's figures with a pinch of salt - yet another long story...

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
500 nm of torque.

500 lbs/ft would be scary :D

Be glad it wasnt a 535d, twin turbo awesomeness ;)

Point taken - edited - my mistake

Still classy motor though.

Do you reckon 'we'll have lots more room for the pram etc in a 5 Series tourer ' line would work with the Mrs?

She don't like BM's - well the drivers anyway - she said that and not me!

So I think the answer would be no - I had to twist her arm for the Leon to start with - 'theres nothing wrong with the current car (one of the last Pug 306 HDi's)' Since then she's likes the Leon - a lot.

She doesn't agree with the remap - she doesn't know about the clutch/ARB's etc.

Anyway I'm paying for it, my car... I'll think I'll have to dig the 'who paid for your credit card off - twice - if she finds out about the detail. She doesn't know about the clutch, the ARB's that were delivered to the house this morning were £80.. and the remap.. well you could say it was very reasonable!

Blackmailing's not allowed in this forum? isn't it!?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
You were lucky? Not exactly difficult to do 90 in a 60 - look at Mr Policeman Meredith Jones - and he weren't even playing.:ban:

Incidentally, what stage remap was your Golf as I'll take Mr Jabba's figures with a pinch of salt - yet another long story...

Averaged 87mph, butI think as I was polite & owned up to the reason why "I thoughtI'd been stopped" he was fair with me. It wasnt half as bad as the bollocking I got when I got back in the car, I had me mam & dad in the back

Quoted on the JBS RR @ 185bhp/285lb, we wont go down the jabba figures, its how it drove that counts :whistle:

Last edited:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
the 5 series is too heavy....
I remember keeping up with a 730d quite easily in my Ibiza on twisty roads, it's weight really held it back accelerating out of bends, because going by paper BHP figures he should have mullered me :)

I also remember a drive over to Awesome once, with Ed Butler behind me. At the time his Ibiza was mapped to around the same figures as my Passat, but when accelerating off the roundabouts he closed up on me like I was standing still. I was surprised at just how much difference the Passat's lard made.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
It wasnt half as bad as the bollocking I got when I got back in the car, I had me mam & dad in the back.

:lol: It could only happen when they're there :lol:

Quoted on the JBS RR @ 185bhp/285lb,

Sounds like a stage 1, so hopefully a stage 2 might even take him. Well not him him

we wont go down the jabba figures, its how it drove that counts :whistle:

So, so true. Some people just seem to get wrapped up by the rr lottery figures - and get very protective them - a sort of Victoria Cross - for valour! It's your car, your remap and if you're happy that's all that matter's and its not the case of 'my willy's bigger than yours' arguement/obsession that some people seem to have.

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
right so thats me put in my box then, thought I was keeping up with one not so long ago. :ban:

T. Spark

I have upset a 330D up a long steep hill, dual carriageway, he said afterwards he expected to dust me esp. up hill with his torque rating. But I guess 170 bhp and 300lb/ft in a small beeza was enough ;)

Also kept with (neck and neck - until he drove like a twit and overtaking up blind hills) a 330i

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
But I guess 170 bhp and 300lb/ft in a small beeza was enough ;)

Also kept with (neck and neck - until he drove like a twit and overtaking up blind hills) a 330i

Looks like that I might have a fighting chance with a standard 330 let alone a 530 be it petrol or diesel following the stage 2 remap a week on Wednesday.

Incidentally, how much heavier is a Leon Mk1 (cupra/FR diesel) to say a Beeza Cupra diesel? I'm at work at the mo so I haven't got the handbook with me. I'll pull of the net the beeza figs from SEAT and post. - 1215kg kerb weight for Beeza cupra diesel.

Those ARBS delivered yesterday will also put some weight on the car - pretty heavy stuff

Last edited:

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
what makes you say that??

Jabbas rollers USED to be quite optomistic in their power figures
a LOT of people having had their cars on the rollers at jabba were VERY disapointed when their cars would make consistantly 15-20 bhp less on other rolling roads.

but there are sooooooo many influences on power figures that the only way to have a true comparison was to have all the cars on the SAME rollers on the SAME day hence the rolling road days were started.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
just got back from superchips rr day my car made 240bhp at jabba and 237 at superchips doesn't seem to far wrong to me :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.