Got blitzed by a BMW 530D last night

T. Spark

Looks like that I might have a fighting chance with a standard 330 let alone a 530 be it petrol or diesel following the stage 2 remap a week on Wednesday.

Incidentally, how much heavier is a Leon Mk1 (cupra/FR diesel) to say a Beeza Cupra diesel? I'm at work at the mo so I haven't got the handbook with me. I'll pull of the net the beeza figs from SEAT and post. - 1215kg kerb weight for Beeza cupra diesel.

Those ARBS delivered yesterday will also put some weight on the car - pretty heavy stuff

Well mine isnt standard in regards to weight, I have front and rear arbs, strut brace and 312mm brakes which arent light. Not really really heavy tho either.

Id say a remapped PD150 would keep up with a 330D/530D without too much hassle imho (if driven correctly.)

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
I have a chipped 535d and TBH under 50mph you are waiting for the gearbox to mess around and change down (even though it has flappy paddles kick down still causes it to attempt to redline). Above 50mph and it is unbelievable.

mpg isn't great though, fun, but not that efficient.

Mine does have a particulate filter, I presume a 530d does also.

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
Current tank is 28mpg.
Wife sees 31-34mpg.
Down to verbier 4 adults, 4 bikes on a tow bar ~95mph all the way 29mpg.
Overall (must have done about 15k in it so far, ~50k on the clock so nicely run in) is about 28-29mpg.

The new ones have been tweaked and some people are talking about ~40mpg from them. I am not convinced that they aren't driving them like a 520d though.

It is amazing fun, but you don't get anywhere much quicker, so next car is likely to be far more sensible.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I was thinking of entering my car in the next 24 hr silverstone after last night. Think mine would get good economy. Would cost a lot though - especially in tyres, and 24 hours worth of diesel. :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.