Got my Autowindow kit... who can fit it?

Danbo

Sideways is forwards
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
As above my Autowindow Reflex kit has arrived. However I dont really fancy attempting to fit it myself.

Does anyone know anyone in Surrey who could do it and how much for?

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
As above my Autowindow Reflex kit has arrived. However I dont really fancy attempting to fit it myself.

Does anyone know anyone in Surrey who could do it and how much for?

If you're coming to GTi Spring Festival I'll give you a hand. It took me a couple of hours, but having done it once I think we could get that down to an hour and a half.

Cheers, Will

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
Read the guide, but not wanting to be overtly stupid, what the hell does it do??

The AutoWindow module? It closes/opens the windows and folds/unfolds the mirrors from the remote keyfob.

EDIT: The AutoWindow "reflex" does the mirrors

Last edited:

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
Nice features! Seems a bit daunting to fit though.

Nah, it's easy. The instructions that come with it are great! The unit has a built in tester thingamebob so you can tell at each step if you've done it correctly.

Piece of p155.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
So how does it work with the two clicks to unlock all the doors etc?

I assume you get windows open/close, front/back & mirrors in/out?

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
There can be an issue with double press to unlock all doors, you can either leave one wire disconnected and only have roll up, press slowly or get dealer/vag com to turn off unlock feature! Not a biggie really!!! I love mine!!! looks flash as you lock walk away and mirrors fold and windows roll up!!!!

willcooke

Brrrummmm
May 31, 2005
Beds
So how does it work with the two clicks to unlock all the doors etc?

I assume you get windows open/close, front/back & mirrors in/out?

You press unlock then lock and all the windows go up and the mirrors fold in. (if the windows are already up, then just the mirrors fold in - obviously).

Then just unlock, and your ears stick out, unlock unlock and your ears stick out and the windows roll down.

The chicks dig it the most. ;)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's a very tempting mod! Saves me having to remember to unfold my mirrors each day after work. You would have thought I'd leant by now, but nope..... :whistle:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
sorry to put a downer no this if u have payed for the kit but cant u do that via vag-com??

No, unfortunately you can't. There are ways of modifying the windows behaviour via a serial cable and some DOS based software, as somebody posted recently, but it's not the same as this and it's a bit of a fiddle.