Graeme's LCR - Now Sold *wave*

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Arite SCN welcome to my RR thread

Ill just get straight into it ,

So bought the LCR This weekend (3rd of sept) in stunning Platinum Grey , Car does need some TLC , as was owned by a farmer and his wife just had a baby so wasnt well looked after on the inside, anyway car has hit 79k Miles and i got it for a rather good price of £3900 with CamBelt and waterpump (done in june 2010) as well as new front disc and pads on the front done last Mot (last month) it is also a 54 plate 225 (BAM) engine :funk:

It also came with a Forge Dump valve :funk:

Some Bad points/things needed (which are getting fixed within the next two weeks)

-Drivers side Door Bracket needs replaced
-Front Tyres need replaced as well as the tracking done
-Some small dents, nothing major (2-3) and some bad peel near bottom of front arches
-Engine Cover needed
-Interior Cleaned out , and seats getting shampoo'd
-Cupra Splitter pretty scraped up(will prob leave over winter)
-Rear Cupra R Badge and Front R Badge, is there also ones on the side???
-New LCR Mats
-Drivers side Skirt slightly away from car (easy fix)
-All Calipers refurbed
-Alloys Refurbed
-Also a service will be getting done as well

Progress So far

-Engine Bay Steam Cleaned
-Full Car Washed
-Front Seats Taken out and rear bench
-Full Car hoovered
-Old mats Binned

*Hopefully i aint missed anything haha*

Anyway most important part - Pics
Pics of car when i got the car (progress pics will get taken tomorrow :lol:)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Update:

Front Seats and Rear Bench Parts have been shampoo'ed, hopefully sun will come out soon so i can get them drying quicker!!

anyway started raining major so could get into the car to finish rear seats and carpets so will hopefully be doing that tonight

Stereo has been removed as there was some sort of bluetooth phone charger in which was connected to the back however didnt know how to get center console out so hopefully get that off tonight as well and clean up all the cables and sh*t thats in beside the fuses haha.

also front tyres been removed to get new front tyres , getting some toyo proxxes T1-R's (there whats on the car so just kept them on so all 4 are the same)

Will hopefully take some pics tonight :p

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice motor, always liked the platinum - I'd have gone for that if I hadn't found a red one :)

I'll keep an eye out for you, I stay in Aberdeen. Check the Scotland section for meets in and around Aberdeen, there's a few of us that catch up semi-regularly.

Keep up the good work, LCRs scrub up well :)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Nice motor, always liked the platinum - I'd have gone for that if I hadn't found a red one :)

I'll keep an eye out for you, I stay in Aberdeen. Check the Scotland section for meets in and around Aberdeen, there's a few of us that catch up semi-regularly.

Keep up the good work, LCRs scrub up well :)

cheers mate :) , funny enough i was looking for a red one , but saw this beauty and couldnt say no :)

ah will do , as soon as i get it on the road ill be sure to get my self to some meets :)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Update: Heres some pics of the bad bits with the car.

First the state the seats were all in, looked worst in person

dscf0078n.jpg

dscf0079ex.jpg

dscf0080m.jpg

dscf0081h.jpg

Quickly hoovered the inside after seats were all taken out , looks better!

dscf0084y.jpg

dscf0085a.jpg

the worst part of the whole out side of the car , the drivers side door / arch , this is getting a quick/cheap fix by my dad and myself over the next 2 days, hopefully all goes well!
dscf0086yc.jpg

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Update: Clean engine bay(still needs some work) and cleaned seats (still drying)
also my tyres are sent away to get new front tyres on so toke a pic of the 4x4 :lol:

Engine Bay:
dscf0092sq.jpg

dscf0093u.jpg

Seats:
dscf0088f.jpg

dscf0089v.jpg

dscf0090c.jpg

dscf0091x.jpg

4x4: :lol:
dscf0094m.jpg

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Welcome

I have the exact same problem with my arches as yours, but mine are alot worse. The clean up is looking good, keep up good work. That engine bay was a right mess

hopefully the quick fix ill be doing tonight might cure most of it , hate looking at it tbh :lol:

cheers bud, yeh the engine was terrible haha , engine cover also on the way then i think may venture into some colourful hoses :D

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Yeah colourful hoses rule, dont get the normal blue or red. Iv just ordered random coloured hoses dont even know it it will work with my car haha.

Get orange!!!

haha , well i was thinking redto go with the inside , the R badges and the brembos , may change tho , as the brembos need refurbed and orange would be a win imo , then exterior could be orange touches and inside red :p

what colours you got like haha?

drka-drka

New Schooler
Yeah randomness is always fun, there is some tidy looking engine bays on here with all diffrent colours so just need to have a scan thru i suppose. Iv gone for purple cause i thought meh why not.

So whys the car off all wheels??

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Yeah randomness is always fun, there is some tidy looking engine bays on here with all diffrent colours so just need to have a scan thru i suppose. Iv gone for purple cause i thought meh why not.

So whys the car off all wheels??

ah right haha , think that would look pretty smart tbh , i may change my choose will see tho , thats down the line anyway for me :lol:

just the front ones , will be back on today , was getting new tyres fitted , tracking is major out and insides are nearly through to the wire :wtf:! so got them changed asap and then tracking will get done before its driven!

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
LOL strange my fronts are the exact same on the inside shoulder of the tyre its down to the wire too, oops

I think clark motorsport do tracking in kintore? i think 8bit got his done there

haha must be easy down , the steering is off at a angle as well haha so that also needs done :lol:

well we know the ppl at autocenter(between inver and kemnay) so we get to use there garage most the time if need something done so doing it myself to save the cash :p :lol:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
LOL strange my fronts are the exact same on the inside shoulder of the tyre its down to the wire too, oops

I think clark motorsport do tracking in kintore? i think 8bit got his done there

I thought I felt my ears burning :) Yeah, Clark Motorsport - top lads. I did get my alignment done there, car feels much more sure-footed, mine was really out. It's not just tracking they do, it's the whole alignment and geometry and they've got the only proper Hunter laser-alignment rig in the area. They also know a thing or two about track and fast road cars so I use them for everything now.

Good work on the cleanup and restorations. How did you go about cleaning the engine bay? Mine is mingin, need to do something about it...

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
I thought I felt my ears burning :) Yeah, Clark Motorsport - top lads. I did get my alignment done there, car feels much more sure-footed, mine was really out. It's not just tracking they do, it's the whole alignment and geometry and they've got the only proper Hunter laser-alignment rig in the area. They also know a thing or two about track and fast road cars so I use them for everything now.

Good work on the cleanup and restorations. How did you go about cleaning the engine bay? Mine is mingin, need to do something about it...

cheers bud, sprayed cleaning stuff on it and steam cleaned it up at the garage (dad did it ofc :p, as i prob would have ****ed the engine :lol:

Great progress mate especially with the seats, top job!!

cheers :D!

:thumbup:you've made a great start already mate. What did you use on the seats?

thanks :) , used george :lol: shampoo up the whole sit and rub it in , then suck it out , losens everything and sooks up all the dirt, quick alternative to steamcleaning and worked pretty good

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Update: not the best of pics of the Repair but you get the idea , new mats arrived and front seats back in. Door removed and new hinge will be replaced(gave it a quick spray as well)

Front Seats Back in and most of the front looking Clean
dscf0095gc.jpg

dscf0096x.jpg

New Badges to put on
dscf0097l.jpg

The Repair to Arch and sill (not the best of pics)
dscf0098nj.jpg

dscf0099r.jpg

The Mats to go in when everything is complete
dscf0101hx.jpg

dscf0102o.jpg

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Anyone got any full exhaust system options?? im not sure what to go for or get ??

Mainly i just want a better Tailpipe look , im not a big fan of the CUpra R one , big oval with 2 circles in it ...... ie would rahter just have something that looks fresh and fits in the bumper space.

however i would like a full system for the sound and possible poping etc :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.