Grr just noticed a dent by side repeater..

loonymoon

I noticed last week that I have a vertical dent of unknown origin just above my near side indicator repeater.

I can't think how it happened although back in Feb or whenever it last snowed down london way I was driving back from work and I heard a donk which I thought was a snowball hitting the car - although I couldn't see anyone and I didn't see anything hit. When I got home I noticed that the repeater lens had popped out. I didn't notice a dent at the time but it could have happened then - though god only knows what hit the car - there's no scratches just a dent.[:@]

It's only noticeable when looking at certain angles and I couldn't get a pic of it. I was thinking perhaps I could push it out just by taking the indicator lens out and pushing from behind. Do you guys reckon this would work?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
try a paintless dent removal company there are loads of them and they can work wonders as long as the paint is not broken and they can access behind the dent

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
its so disheartening when you notice an imperfection that you haven'y caused,
at least its not obviously noticable!

there was a thread on here recently regarding dent 'n scrapes etc,
quite a few angry fellow scn'rs sharing your pain!

croakey

i've had more than my share...

..and now have a vertical one on the wing..

snowball?? try 4x4 door mate... its only a coincedence the mark on mine matches the exact height an x5 rear door opens to!

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
My FR has a sizeable collection of mystery dents, vertical ones behind each of the doors, two on top of the OSF wing, one above the OS door rubbing strip (what use are they at the narrowest part of the car???) two on the NSR quarter, one on the NSF wing (I did that when a tesco trolley rolled into it at 0.000001mph). The car is made from nothing more than a Wrigley's wrapper.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
verticle dent has to be a door opening on it in car parks ect!!!!!!!

paintless dent removal is your answer!

loonymoon

Grrr. Noticed another little tiny pea size dent on my passenger door today. I have two on the drivers door from before by ownership -but wouldn't be surprised it it was caused by the door swinging out onto a petrol pump or similar as I've nearly done that on several occasions. I have another little 'en on the off side wing.

Honestly this car must be made of baco foil. I had 8 year old and a 12 year old fiestas before this car and not a dent on either of them!!! GRRRRR!:censored:

Trouble is with two doors and two wings to do, I'm sure the paintless dent removal is going to cost a fortune!! And then I'm bound to get another one pretty soon!!

loonymoon

fix a dent was who i used but i may of got an extra special deal as my work use him alot :D

Yup you got a great deal there. I'm thinking I may just have to live with it or try one of the DIY things. I saw one where you warm the panels up with a hairdryer and add a stick with some warmed gluey stuff on and then once it's cooled down pull the dent out with the stick.. then warm it with the hairdryer again to get the stick off. I wasn't too sure about this approach though.!!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
sounds pony!^^^^^^^^ take the wheelsheild off and if it isnt a tiny parking dent then you could try and push it out

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no there isnt anything in the way but havent got alot of room to get any powerbehind it! the wheelsheild comes out really easy just a load of size 20 torx screws or you could turn the wheel full lock and undo half the wheelsheild so you can get your arm up there ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.